+ Visit Everton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton v Liverpool Kick Off Time Unchanged

Everton v Liverpool Kick Off Time Unchanged

Derby goes ahead at 5:30pm kick-off.

The Premier League has confirmed the kick-off time for next month's derby game at Goodison Park will remain at 5:30pm despite police concerns that an evening kick-off on 7 February increased the risk of alcohol-fuelled disorder both before, during, and after the game.

The Saturday evening kick-off time was set by the Premier League after Sky Sports selected the match for a live broadcast. But police wanted it moved back to 12:45pm and asked Liverpool City Council to make an earlier kick-off one of the conditions for issuing a ground safety certificate for the match.

Police claimed the late kick-off increased the risk of alcohol-fuelled disorder because of the “excessive time” allowed for alcohol consumption by fans attending the fixture and by those seeking to view it on TV either locally to the ground or in the city centre.

They also said it would be easier for those wishing to engage in criminal activity because they would have the “

re: Everton v Liverpool Kick Off Time Unchanged

Later kick off time due to the Kopites travelling in from all over the place...

:/

I suspect that supporters travelling to & from the match is probably the last thing that goes through the heads of the people who schedule these games.

[color=navy]
    Alright Mook, hope you and your Family had a good Christmas and New Year

The Police wanted 12:45 as the latest kick off for safety reasons. Has everyone forgotten that before Sky etc. started messing about with Match times, the Derby would happily and safely kick off at 3pm with no problems

Cheers, Stubbsy. You too. Glad it's all over for another year to be honest.

The kick off times are a mess these days, they're having Premiership games on a Friday night from 2016 (I think) as well, no consideration given to the people who go to the games at all.

I was hoping to get down to the Goodison derby next month but I'm off to New York with the missus so will have to find somewhere across there to watch it.

The City Council and Police have to form logistics from inside out and consider everything taking place between the city centre and the ground - So why would it be the last thing they'd consider?

Especially since you plastics tend to have the majority of your fans coming into the city on the day of your home/derby fixtures.

As per-tradition, you'll be clapping at your TV for this one anyway (New York or not) so I don't even know why you bothered making a noise here...

Back to sleep Mook.

The TV companies schedule the games, not the council or the police, as clearly evidenced by the kick off time for this derby.

I'm sure all the Non-Liverpool based Evertonians who post on this forum will be very interested to hear your points about people coming into the city for the Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1

Cheers, Stubbsy. You too. Glad it's all over for another year to be honest.
    [color=navy]
    [font= Comic Sans MS]Nice one Mook. The same as you, I'm glad it's all out of the way. Going to the Supermarket you'd think it was the end of days or something, with the crowds of panicky people in there :/

good. i hate the early ko. it spoils the day for me

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)