+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest game of the season, and...

re: Biggest game of the season, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    But ask any older Derby fan, and they'll know what I mean, when you've already been to footballing heaven, whatever follows pales in comparison.
    Very true pal, I'm proud of how T'Rams are playing for the first time in years but compared to the Gods of the late 60's and 70's, well...

Ironically IMO the second tier teams of today, Derby included, would hold their own against their 70's first tier predecessors due to just one thing - fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    where is everyone? Normally there is banter galore flying back & forth ahead of this game, but its like a morgue on here!

Get the old boys back on here. TES and LE-Red Dog made fleeting reappearances...something needed to get some life into this place

Come on POL...you wear the rose tints, lets have some bold and infammatory predictions. even Angry is losing his edge without the banter
    I think you got the answer from zidazaga, which was exactly what I was thinking when I first saw your post.

But before that, if you want to elicit serious responses, as gazd says why not just spell it Forest?

Now to your question - is this the biggest game of our respective seasons? I think not. For you it will be the game that gets you an auto place, or if that fails ensuring a play-off place. That would be regular season. If you get there then it will be like last season - the semis (if overcome

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber
    But ask any older Derby fan, and they'll know what I mean, when you've already been to footballing heaven, whatever follows pales in comparison.
    Very true pal, I'm proud of how T'Rams are playing for the first time in years but compared to the Gods of the late 60's and 70's, well...

Ironically IMO the second tier teams of today, Derby included, would hold their own against their 70's first tier predecessors due to just one thing - fitness[/quote]

Perhaps, but then you gotta remember how tough it was back then. Terrible pitches, terrible tackles, no protection from serious fouls, plus the players then used heavier boots, not so fantastic shirts and the ball was different too.

Can the present day lot survive in that atmosphere on fitness alone? That's a huge ask.

MOP it can't be, as much as I would hope it to be true.

My best has to be any 1 of my anti-Basie posts here. Because they are the only ones that's meticulously and religiously copied, cut, filed and re-posted in another forum - esp DCM.

I mean who else can boast of this, that one's post is religiously studied and filed, and re-posted elsewhere? That surely takes the cake!

[quote="gazd1980"?

It makes you sound like an immature bellend.

Just saying...[/quote]

The irony of that statement-lol.
    Murder Lane, Car Booters, Direby, Nutts Clownty to a few.

Quote Originally Posted by "i961pie"?

Just saying...[/quote

It's not as immature as some of your lot 61, who type things like F word or F****t because they're too immature to even want to say it.

So stick that up your wrinkly backside.

Quote Originally Posted by "Trickytreesreds"?

Just saying...[/quote

It's not as immature as some of your lot 61, who type things like F word or F****t because they're too immature to even want to say it.

So stick that up your wrinkly backside. [/quote]

How you know it's wrinkly? Have you been doing a 'Basie?'

Quote Originally Posted by "Trickytreesreds"?

Just saying...[/quote

I wasn't the one getting on his high horse about the
    ''terrible'' --Florest.
    And you keep away from my wrinkly backside, my mum warned me of blokes like you.--lol.

Quote Originally Posted by "i961pie"?

Just saying...[/quote

I wasn't the one getting on his high horse about the
    ''terrible'' --Florest.
    And you keep away from my wrinkly backside, my mum warned me of blokes like you.--lol.[/quote]

Yearh, SMELL YOUR MUM.

Are you on the sauce TT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12