+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stephens and Turnbull

Stephens and Turnbull

Hello Swindon fans - Southampton fan here!

Just wondering what you've made of Jack Stephens and Jordan Turnbull so far - we've heard from the Southampton website that they're playing pretty well, but which of them do you reckon is better? Always been pretty impressed with Turnbull and reckon he has the makings of being a great captain in the future!

Excellent job this season - seems so long ago we were in Lg.1 together! I remember going to St Mary's and seeing us get destroyed by you in the JPT 2010 - wasn't a fun day. Hoping to see you promoted, good luck for the rest of the season

re: Stephens and Turnbull

Thanks for that Ricky, im surprised at how well you are doing this season and its nice to see some of the usual big boys behind you...i sincerely hope you finish in the top 4 M8?

Stephens was brilliant for us last 10 matches last season and although he is a regular for us this season and playing well he hasnt in my opinion reached last seasons heights! Turnbull started slowly but is getting better and better and without doubt in my mind is the better central defender!

Thank you to the Saints for loaning us 2 such good players, if we go up your club will have made a huge contribution

Cheers for that Lazaat - we're having a bit of a crisis at CB at the moment with Alderweireld (our best defender) out for a month, and Yoshida away at Asia Cup. Could probably do with Turnbull back as cover, but don't worry - I don't think we anticipated this, so don't think either have a recall clause... Will be cheering you on this season

As Laz said

We are hoping to keep Stevens longer too

Stephens loan deal is extended - view external link