+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hat-Tricks

Hat-Tricks

Ok so Nicky Ajose missed out on a hat-trick last week, when was the last time an Alex player scored a hat-trick? If my memory serves me correct it was another Nicky (Mr Maynard) away at Cheltenham in/around 2008 however I stand to be corrected.

I seem to remember Zola getting one but I think that was a pre-season friendly.

Ryan Lowe got one I think and didn’t Naylor get 5 once?

re: Hat-Tricks

Yeah i can correct you on that haha.

2nd April 2011 where Joel Grant and Clayton Donaldson both scored hattricks in our 8-1 victory over Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAlex
    ... and didn’t Naylor get 5 once?

He sure did.
    Home to Colchester, won 7-1.
    Just when he was in his prime!

Quote Originally Posted by danecrewealex89
    Yeah i can correct you on that haha.

2nd April 2011 where Joel Grant and Clayton Donaldson both scored hattricks in our 8-1 victory over Cheltenham.
    Of course yes thanks for helping an old g1t remember

Paul Clayton v Burnley in 1988, the week before the Tranmere game where he scored our goal in the 1-1 draw that took us up.

7th October 1980 was memorable for one Peter Coyne, he went one better than the customary hat-trick and hit four goals in the 5-0 thrashing of Hereford. He was awarded a TV for his troubles. Great evening entertainment that match. Not all doom and gloom in those pre-Dario days. The Alex finished outside the bottom four that season (18th) and two places above Vale.

Is it still a hat-trick if you score four or five? I thought it had to be three to be a hat-trick?

Special mention should go to Rob Edwards away at Wrexham, header, left foot, right foot - perfect.

No one can beat Frank Lord Hat Trick in first game against Hartlepool and many more followed.