+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sensationalism!

Sensationalism!

Right, after Saturday's disappointment, has the sensationalism of the result abated, or are many still on suicide watch?

The RD phone in after the game, Twitter, Message Boards...talk about an over reaction to a defeat. Yes, we lost to our local rivals which gives them bragging rights. Yes they probably just about deserved the result over the 90 mins despite our 1st half dominance. Yes, other teams at top all won

BUT...we are still 3rd, and only one win off top spot FFS!

This Rams team does have the habit of throwing in a loose performance, like the one we saw in the 2nd half (it was only poor for 45mins!!!). But that doesnt make us a bad team. We have typically bounced back with better performances immediately after, so if we do the same and go on another run of positive results, all will be rosy again

Hearing players being mullered for one off day is OTT. Just look at Florest, they went on a run of 2 wins in 20 games. Imagine some DCFC fans if that was us.

Think we need a

re: Sensationalism!

The bizaree nature of the complete shambles is still wrangling, but the lambasting of virtually every player, by some on here, is a bit much.

Next few games are ***** to show we are still serious contenders, but players don't become crap overnight. They can lose confidence tho, and that can take weeks to put right.

We need to tear Chesterfield and Blackburn a new'un!!

Spot on Toggles. Had that 2nd half performance of been against anyone but Florest, I dont believe we would have seen such an over-reaction.

One thing that you get with Derby - wins or losses. We draw very few games. I think that is why our players were out of position for their winner. We were throwing caution to the wind. Perhaps in this one game, that was unwise and a draw should have been taken. But we didnt moan when we stole that win at Watford last season by the care free approach, and had we been the one to poach the 92nd min goal, then no one would have complained this time. It wasnt to be our day. Hats off to Florest for clawing themselves back into the game. Now lets see what reaction we get from the players. I certainly expect Shteeve to have read the riot act, and will get a good response

Agreed probably over reaction but what sticks in the throat is that we do have games like this eg leeds, middlesborough, etc. and we don't seem to learn from them no one takes control on the pitch and some even hide.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride
    Agreed probably over reaction but what sticks in the throat is that we do have games like this eg leeds, middlesborough, etc. and we don't seem to learn from them no one takes control on the pitch and some even hide.
    I think this defeat was dif to the ones you mentioned (tho I only listened to Leeds away) in that in those games we were stiffled and hassled and frustrated. Our passing was side to side and we lacked a bit of bite in the tackle.

On Sat we didn't TRY TO PLAY in the 2nd half. There were many times when players had time to pick a pass, keep hold of it for a few mins, but chose to lump it forward or rush things.

I think the effort was there. I don't think anyone was complacent, just bizarely choose to ignore all our usual strengths.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)