+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: not that far off

not that far off

so my view is this on what we need to stay up, i have looked at what players we have and who has come in and what problems we have and at the end of the day it comes down to one thing...

a goalscorer, yes everyone wants one, yes it is obvious but the rest of the squad isnt that bad

defence is ok, midfield is ok now both arent great but they are ok

but we need to go to our limits on wages and transfer fee and get someone, otherwise i think we will go down.

re: not that far off

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    so my view is this on what we need to stay up, i have looked at what players we have and who has come in and what problems we have and at the end of the day it comes down to one thing...

a goalscorer, yes everyone wants one, yes it is obvious but the rest of the squad isnt that bad

defence is ok, midfield is ok now both arent great but they are ok

but we need to go to our limits on wages and transfer fee and get someone, otherwise i think we will go down.
    Defence is ok? Yes we have only conceded 33 goals so far but it`s not the amount of goals that we concede that bothers me it`s the manner in which we concede.Awful defending yesterday,Blackpool home and away ,Fulham at home (3-3)Given the extra points we could/should have had we would be just below mid-table.We also need that little bit of luck around the penalty area and as you say that elusive striker.Onwards and upwards still plenty to play for.

UTM.

re: not that far off

Agree but don't think that goal scorer will come as a transfer - Derbyshire is the one we need to discover form. I truly believes a goal from open play is all it will take...