+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pie in the Sky - i961 (Deontay Wilder)

Pie in the Sky - i961 (Deontay Wilder)

Finally I got to see what I already suspected some time back.

The winner by Unanimous Decision and new American Heavyweight Champion of the World - Deontay 'the Brown Bomber' Wilder

As the commentator said, it's not very often you see a fighter with height and reach use it, and it's wonderful to watch when it does.

He used his reach to great effect getting the jab.
    And it was good for him to go the distance, he'd won all previous 32 fight by KO before the 4th round.
    He learned not to do a "Foreman" ala the Rumble in the Jungle.
    Take your points, take the round and win on the scorecards. There's no need to spend all your energy to KO a guy who won't fall.

This will be a good contest when it happens:

Wlad v Wilder.

Both have height, both have reach and size. One's young and brash, the other experienced and level headed.
    I doubt it'll happen this year, most probably next year.

But Deontay says he wants to fight 3-4 times a year and that's good.
    Finally watching this fight b

re: Pie in the Sky - i961 (Deontay Wilder)

Haven't seen the fight yet, according to the morning papers he wants to come to England and fight Tyson Fury.

Wald does Wilder all day long! Wilder leaves him self so open when he's throwing his punches Wlad will take advantage of that and do him in 6. This just proves how weak the heavyweight division is. Even Tyson Fury would have a chance against Wilder if he didnt have such a weak chin.

Quote Originally Posted by trentendscott
    Wald does Wilder all day long! Wilder leaves him self so open when he's throwing his punches Wlad will take advantage of that and do him in 6. This just proves how weak the heavyweight division is. Even Tyson Fury would have a chance against Wilder if he didnt have such a weak chin.
    Weak chin? My boy the guy fought 32x before Saturday and won all 32 by KO within 4 rounds, some chin!

But yes I do agree he got to ****y with Stiverne, he can't make that mistake with Wlad, thrash talking during a bout.

But he looks good, fit, with the reach and jab. Let's see how it goes. It's good for boxing that an American is the holder of 1 of the top division's belts.

I mean Tyson Fury has a weak chin. If he had a decent chin he'd have a chance with Wilder I think.

As for good for the division. American boxing fans are the most boring fans on the planet. They don't deserve a world champion in the top division. Why can't they appreciate other boxers from other countries? Like we do? They never gave the Klitschko's any respect.

No doubt Wilder with avoid Wlad though and fight bums. Like he has always has.

Quote Originally Posted by trentendscott
    I mean Tyson Fury has a weak chin. If he had a decent chin he'd have a chance with Wilder I think.

As for good for the division. American boxing fans are the most boring fans on the planet. They don't deserve a world champion in the top division. Why can't they appreciate other boxers from other countries? Like we do? They never gave the Klitschko's any respect.

No doubt Wilder with avoid Wlad though and fight bums. Like he has always has.
    Lolz Scott, we seem to be hopelessly caught in a miscommunication crossline.
    You meant Fury, I thought it was Wilder.

When I said good for the top division to have an American champ, it's not as a reference to them as a whole. Indeed they have treated the Klitskhos badly, these guys are very worthy champions. At that age and being fit and wise champions. And yes they treat Mexican champions badly too, although many are much better than their own.

No what I meant was that it's good to hav

I've got high hopes for our own Anthony Joshua.
    Yes he as never gone past round 3 and needs to be tested much more. But he seems a very intelligent level headed guy (unlike that idiot Fury) and is still very young but as great potential if handled properly.
    I think the Klitchko's have suffered because of their style of boxing, very upright typical European and if I'm honest boring to watch most of the time.
    Having said that they have both been excellent champions without getting the boxing fraternity excited.