+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: jim or zander

re: jim or zander

It Wont be Jim that causes Club not to finish 4th It will be Clubs Fault For Letting Kerr and Baird Go to a Rival. That was Silly could come back to Haunt us lets Stop the witch hunt on Jim Uncalled for shame on you all for jumping on the lets Blame Jim Campaign its not on. [quote="deek5trans"]Yes, Jim Atkinson was a bit rash at the penalty, but to suggest that he cost us the game is absurd. Overall, we were outplayed by a better team that deserved to win. He was similarly rash last week at Falkirk and very nearly lost us the game. However, he is now twenty years old; still young but no longer an emerging ****ager. He cannot gain experience sitting on the bench week in and week out as he has done in the past. In my opinion, Queens have to decide if he has sufficient potential to play him regularly in order to gain experience at Championship level: or we should bite the bullet, find an experienced goal

How many needless penalties has the back 4 gave away this season and u dont complain about them. Id rather have a keeper that comes and collects the ball and gives away the odd penalty than a keeper that stands on his line like a wet sock like zander

To say jim cost us the game on Saturday is ridiculous. If the score was sitting at 0-0 and Gavin missed a sitter then would the same be said about him! I think not.

For what it is worth jim has fantastic potential but needs to gain experience. I have to agree, is it worthwhile giving him that experience to the detriment of 4th spot because I have no doubt he will make more mistakes due to inexperience.

As such I think the lad should be sent out on loan to gain that experience and come back as the number 1 next season, but this is something, like I have said before, should have been done long ago.

In terms of being to short, I have to disagree. the same could have been said about goram, Lee Robinson and many a good keeper. It's how about he adapts his style to accommodate his height, I.e does he come for every cross or does he do his work on the goal line with quick feet and reactions

Whatever, I think everyone agrees that the lad needs to gain experience, and the best way to do

Wouldn't be surprised at all if neither of the young lads are our number one keeper next season tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if neither of the young lads are our number one keeper next season tbh.
    Tend to agree Palmyman - football at times is an unforgiving game - I hope we are both wrong !

Now that St.Johnstone are out of the cup, who is going to play v Falkirk ?
    Could be a tough choice for Fowler.
    I expect it will be whoever is in goals in the preceding league game.

Zander Clark for me - more experienced and bigger presence.

No its Jim for me He has played all cup games only fair to stick with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigIain
    Zander Clark for me - more experienced and bigger presence.

Zander is back in & Jim on the bench v Alloa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)