+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Key to us escaping this battle...

The Key to us escaping this battle...

for me was to drag as many teams into it as possible. That hope is now gone Thistle are beating Accies 4-0 to put 10 points between us and the 9th spot. I just dont think we look equipped for the battle which will see 2 out of the 3 right in the sh1te.

re: The Key to us escaping this battle...

WE ARE GOING DOWN AND THATS IT,THE PLAYERS SEEM TO HAVE GIVEN UP

We would need to finish tenth,otherwise we are down,as current lot dont look up for a fight and you need to fight in the play offs,we look like the Hibs team of last season and we know what happened to them

I agree Tex - the similarities between us now, and Hibbees then, are pretty similar.
    All in all, I believe we're fekkt whatever happens in the remaining 10 transfer window days.

I stated when IB was appointed that he would need time to put his stamp on the team,all be it he hasn't been able to bring in his own type of players yet,however I am more than concerned that since his appointment nothing has changed with regard to our style of play,defending,fitness,dead ball moves,creativity.A new broom is meant to sweep clean but we are still seeing the same trash week on week.Unless IB starts to make his own decisions regarding team selection and stops listening to Black and Co he could pick up our only award this season an OBE {out before Easter]

Early doors yet but I was surprised that he didn't start Thomas; didn't replace Sutton with the more mobile Erwin;and fielded young Luke Watt.

We cant defend any goals,we cant score any goals and in the middle we cant pass the ball the save our lives!So at this moment we are pretty much fekked in every dept.

So unless we sign a new team in the next two weeks i dont fancy our chances much.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    for me was to drag as many teams into it as possible. That hope is now gone Thistle are beating Accies 4-0 to put 10 points between us and the 9th spot. I just dont think we look equipped for the battle which will see 2 out of the 3 right in the sh1te.
    That's the problem, we are in a relegation 'battle' but that squad just isn't equipped for a battle of any sort, indeed McManus, Ainsworth and Ojamaa don't look like they even give a toss and the rest just aren't up to it.

The very best we are going to get this season is 11th and the playoff because I think St.Mirren will overhaul us as they seem to have reacted in a way we failed to after changing their manager and now appear to have a bit of confidence and momentum building and with two meetings with them still to come I sincerely doubt we'll be able to carry as much luck against them as we did in our previous two meetings this season.

The similarities with Hibs last season are u

The similarities with Hibs are even more profound as they now have our ex CEO, LD. She was in charge of a business that had zero vision for the future, zero fundraising ideas,all our woes have been years in the making. She walked away knowing that her 'good' work was about to unravel. Well paid for her catastrophic reign in to the bargain.
    HIbs first financial report...loss of 800K, surprise, surprise. Is it because they have dropped a divison, maybe. It certainly has not effected Hearts.

We are not like hibs as they started season well were sitting in top 6 then it went tits up we have been crap all season

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)