+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experienced defender to go out on loan?

Experienced defender to go out on loan?

Mentioned on P & G tonight that SD may allow an experienced defender to be made available to join another club on loan. This may happen as soon as next week. We have two such experienced defenders. Matt Tootle and Adam Dugdale. The obvious choice may be Toots for the much needed match practice. However, with quite a number of central defenders on the books (Tait, Davis, Ray, Stewart, Guthrie and Dugdale), SD may just have Adam in mind. Thoughts?

re: Experienced defender to go out on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Mentioned on P & G tonight that SD may allow an experienced defender to be made available to join another club on loan. This may happen as soon as next week. We have two such experienced defenders. Matt Tootle and Adam Dugdale. The obvious choice may be Toots for the much needed match practice. However, with quite a number of central defenders on the books (Tait, Davis, Ray, Stewart, Guthrie and Dugdale), SD may just have Adam in mind. Thoughts?
    It would seem likely that both will be leaving at the end of the season, wouldn't be surprised to see Duggy go on loan somewhere with a view to a permanent summer move.

As for Tootle who knows,it feels like he's been missing longer than Lord Lucan!

I imagine like last season it will be Dugdale. Great guy and has do e brilliant to make it as a pro footballer given his limited attributes but he is a league 2 defender and I think that is where he will be heading.

Can't see toots being loaned out so assume if one were to go it would be AD. Personally i'd send Ray out as think he has fallen behind Tate, Davis Guthrie and Stewart in the centre halves role

Duggie for me

has lost any pace he had - looks league two

would loan out colclough too cant still be injured its just till his case comes up if hes cleared bet he will be playing the following fixture

Neither Toots nor Duggie were in the squad which beat the Vale today. I thought that Toots was ready to return now after his lay-off?

The commentary today said that Ray was immaculate against the Vale's second half pounding. I wonder if, following Tate's departure in the summer, our three CH's for next season will be Ray, Davis and Stewart (with Guthrie on stand-by). That would mean Duggie was surplus to requirements.

Dugdale is joining us (Tranmere) on Monday.. I think on a perminant deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MJCROVERS82
    There may be some truth in this rumour, but nothing official has been mentioned as yet. Adam scored the opening goal in the last game of the season against Preston, which helped to relegate the side he had previously been on loan to earlier in the season.

"I was devastated for Tranmere. There were some good people at the club, but at the end of the day it was either us or them and I wanted us to stay up," he said after that match.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    There may be some truth in this rumour, but nothing official has been mentioned as yet. Adam scored the opening goal in the last game of the season against Preston, which helped to relegate the side he had previously been on loan to earlier in the season.

"I was devastated for Tranmere. There were some good people at the club, but at the end of the day it was either us or them and I wanted us to stay up," he said after that match.[/quote]

According to one of our fans Adam was at Prenton park for our game, sitting with the other non selected players.

What point are you try to make

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast