+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Experienced defender to go out on loan?

re: Experienced defender to go out on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    I stand by what I said.

The only person who has control over his contract situation is the player, whether the fans wish him to stay is irrelevant, the decision is his !

Can you imagine previous captians such as Steve McCauley, Shaun Smith and Adam Dudgale coming out with such statements when they were injured or out of the team?
    The club has a level of control in terms of whether it offers him a contract or not and the terms of the contract - he said during the interview that he's never refused contract talks.

You're entitled to your opinion but have you heard the full interview? I was one of those who was critical of the club (as opposed to Tootle) for expecting us to believe that he'd had 'flu for seven weeks but in hindsight I can see that:

a) they probably genuinely did n't know the nature of the illness and
    b) when they did find out, there was a need to protect the players' privacy - the full interview could leave nobod

re: Experienced defender to go out on loan?

Excellent post, DGFG.

I especially liked the comments about hearing a footballer giving us more than the usual lines about one match at a time, we all gave 110% etc. I, too, have enjoyed hearing Tom Pope on Radio Stoke - he clearly isn't the dumb 'ale can' that he was often painted as during his last year or so at the Alex and his match summaries are so much more considered and inciteful than those of Andy Griffin, to just one.

Perhaps our current lad who seems to enjoy a night out more than training, young Mr Colclough, might benefit from a few minutes with Popey!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234