+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St Mirren ..

re: St Mirren ..

No positives whatsoever to be taken from that. Another day, another defeat, another three cheap goals conceded meaning we've lost five on the bounce shipping eigh**** goals in the process whilst only scoring two. Absolutely disgraceful set of statistics and only the fact that St.Mirren aren't able to capalise on our hopelessness is what is keeping our heads above water for now.

A major overhaul is required at all levels in the club this summer regardless of what division we find ourselves in next season.

Totally disagree with you not surprisingly we have been getting hammered this year and not shown 1 bit of fight today although not at game I listened to it on radio Clyde and we were always in the game.Just before half time we score according to radio as linesman ran towards half way line to be stoped in his tracks by ref who talks to him and disallows it was close but if linesman instint is goal by heading to halfway line then should have been given.Pearson then misses sitter and they go up park and score a cracker from 25 yards that's our luck these days. We then lost another but kept fighting and got back in it but lost another at end as going for equaliser so I certainly take positives from this display even I'd it did end up with no points again.

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Totally disagree with you not surprisingly we have been getting hammered this year and not shown 1 bit of fight today although not at game I listened to it on radio Clyde and we were always in the game.Just before half time we score according to radio as linesman ran towards half way line to be stoped in his tracks by ref who talks to him and disallows it was close but if linesman instint is goal by heading to halfway line then should have been given.Pearson then misses sitter and they go up park and score a cracker from 25 yards that's our luck these days. We then lost another but kept fighting and got back in it but lost another at end as going for equaliser so I certainly take positives from this display even I'd it did end up with no points again.
    So the positive its probably as well as we've played in weeks yet we still get pumped. Im sorry mate I dont mean to p1ss on your parade but all that shows is the weaknesses we have

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Sad state of affairs but we are where we are and frankly I'm just pleased - not to mention surprised - at having the slightest positive to take from today!
    What Positives that we didnt lose 4 only 3 ??[/quote]

Pearson looks a good addition, we showed some fight and made some chances against a side widely tipped to thrash us. And ok, it end with three but you're hardly bothered about losing that one in the circumstances.

St Mirren threw away another great chance to win.

Tiny things but if you think there's nothing positive today I think you're being extremely harsh.[/quote]

Fair enough Im being extremely harsh, horsed again with the same amateurish play. To me it doesnt matter a fpuck that it was interspersed with occasional piece of better play... net result the same 2/3 shots on target in an entire game and conceding goals li

know where you are coming from Stevie but given the performances of late it is unrealistic to expect a complete turnaround in one game, so all I am looking for is progress and that happened today, not great but an improvement and some good effort which has been sadly missing this season...we should at least acknowledge that and hope for better again next week. Recovery is not a straight line on the graph and all we can hope for is avoiding the play offs, then a massive clear out...we can't dismiss an improvement just cos we are still in trouble

How come when we play alright and lose it's a sign of impending doom yet when St Mirren/Ross County did well v us and lost it's a sign they're better than us and will catch us?

We got pumped on our last visit to Dundee, I can't believe anyone thinks a narrow loss at Tannadice is anything other than improvement.

We are in a shambolic mess but anyone who listened to the 93 minutes live on Radio Scotland will know that it was a night and day comparison to Parkhead so if that can be followed by a home win then there are positives to be made.
    Having said that, United felt confident enough of winning that they rotated their selection considerably but 2 penalty claims, 4 good chances and a controversial given, then not given goal, is better than our last 2 away diaplays.
    p.s. I'm surprised to read that any non old firm fan still listens to Radio Clyde.
    Radio Scotland saw off all the mickey mouse stations many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG
    We are in a shambolic mess but anyone who listened to the 93 minutes live on Radio Scotland will know that it was a night and day comparison to Parkhead so if that can be followed by a home win then there are positives to be made.
    I think this is the crucial bit - if we get a result next week (and something resembling form over the next four actually, given the fixtures), we can easily point to the decent-but-losing performance at Tannadice as a positive turning point. If normal service is resumed next week then sure, Tannadice will be a blip which ultimately yielded nothing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG
    Radio Scotland saw off all the mickey mouse stations many years ago.
    Don't know about that. BBC Sportsound is poor by any standards. As an example, Allan Preston was fairly damning yesterday in his condemnation of Pearo for diving at the penalty claim. I've just watched the highlights and it seems like a stonewaller to me. These pundits are paid by us, the public, to give informed informed and objective reports on our football. It fails to do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    How come when we play alright and lose it's a sign of impending doom yet when St Mirren/Ross County did well v us and lost it's a sign they're better than us and will catch us?
    Spot on HD. Ross County are sitting bottom 6 points below us and St Mirren's home record is much worse than ours. No way can we be complacent but by the same token there's no need to be unduly pessimistic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)