+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Contracts

re: Summer Contracts

Toots Yes but he may well leave
    Davis Yes I think he is close to signing

Grant Yes. Would love him to sign but we will have to see which division we will be in next season

Ness and Leigh, no chance as they will be on more money now than we can afford.
    Evans last year was on more money than SD

Duggy - No, already looks to be leaving
    Davis - Yes, as soon as possible
    Grant - Yes, as above
    Tootle - Yes, might have to play left back next season
    Coco - No, too many chances, a bad influence
    Oliver - No, not good enough.

I'd sign any of the 5 loan players that wanted to stay, but think Tate, Ness and Leigh will be out of our price range, Ajose will go higher, Uche we might have a chance at. Need to sign a forward in the summer to compliment LDV.

Pretty much agree with most of the above, but would expect the manager to have a good idea of what's coming through to put pressure on those in the team. Thus, Saunders and LDV will surely be 2 of our 4 strikers next year, with Cooper, Oliver if relegated, and A N Other. Young Brown in the youth team will also surely be offered a deal, so Coco can leave.

As to midfield, I'd like to keep Grant and Ness but not at any cost. Again we have Nolan, Jones, Turton and Inman in the current squad, with Waters the seemingly forgotten man. There are also a couple of handy lads in the Under 18s who will need to be promoted sooner rather than later.

Defence? Davis is the big must sign for me, alongside Ray, Stewart and Guthrie. Tate would be nice for a season, but (and sorry to sound like a broken record) Perry NG has been on the bench and there are two good footballing centre backs to look forward to, especially IMHO Toby Mullarkey. I would keep Toots and Baillie and look for a left back - L

With Harry Davis already committed to the Alex until 2017, Anthony Grant and Ben Garratt could be next players to be offered contract extensions at Crewe Alex. Steve Davis has already had preliminary talks with the pair regarding new deals. A meeting with John Bowler was held yesterday. Garratt has 18 months left on his existing contract, whilst Grant's contract runs out in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    With Harry Davis already committed to the Alex until 2017, Anthony Grant and Ben Garratt could be next players to be offered contract extensions at Crewe Alex. Steve Davis has already had preliminary talks with the pair regarding new deals. A meeting with John Bowler was held yesterday. Garratt has 18 months left on his existing contract, whilst Grant's contract runs out in the summer.
    Grant will probably leave his options open as he has been one of the most consistent performers and may think he can get a better deal elsewhere with no transfer fee involved.

Also it must be frustrating playing in this team at the lower end of the division. The fact that he hasn't signed anything yet points in that direction unless the club hasn't spoke with him before which sounds unlikely. His Agent has probably got someone lined up?

Its a bit laughable suggesting Saunders could be one of our main strikers next year as he has to grow

Well I for one am pleased that the club are trying to keep Grant. Would be a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Grant will probably leave his options open as he has been one of the most consistent performers and may think he can get a better deal elsewhere with no transfer fee involved.

Also it must be frustrating playing in this team at the lower end of the division. The fact that he hasn't signed anything yet points in that direction unless the club hasn't spoke with him before which sounds unlikely. His Agent has probably got someone lined up?

Its a bit laughable suggesting Saunders could be one of o

I think that if I was SD, then I would seriously consider terminating the contract of Chris Atkinson. Once again the injury prone man from Huddersfield has had another set back. Whilst warming up before the game against the MK Dons, Atkinson injured his knee. Perhaps it would suit all concerned if he tried his luck elsewhere. It would certainly free up his wage for use elsewhere.

How does it free up his wage if nobody wants him, or in a lower tier when we would still be making it up if he went out on loan?

Steve got too desperate over the summer, perhaps mindful of the Sam Winnall situation, when even the scoring of goals in pre-season couldn't persuade him to make up his mind.

The result? Atkinson and all the promises made to Haber regarding his international appearances. Then the unexpected departure of disloyal Pogba made matters even worse.

We've had better fortunes with loans since then, but the summer activity was a disaster.

Until when do we have to pay Atkinson under contract? The only hope is to negotiate for it to be paid up, and why would he agree? - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I think that if I was SD, then I would seriously consider terminating the contract of Chris Atkinson. Once again the injury prone man from Huddersfield has had another set back. Whilst warming up before the game against the MK Dons, Atkinson injured his knee. Perhaps it would suit all concerned if he tried his luck elsewhere. It would certainly free up his wage for use elsewhere.
    Not sure that it would be that easy just to terminate his contract . on what basis could we do that ?

It certainly would not free up a wage, as a fixed term contract means the value of the contract has to be settled up, unless both parties agree otherwise.

Surely the option is to transfer list him , or offer for loan if deemed surplus to requirements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast