+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uche news

re: Uche news

Realistically, he can't say no to the club paying his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus_6_Replicant
    Realistically, he can't say no to the club paying his wages.
    That's what its all about really. DRFC or anyone else would only have needed to offer more in wages contribution and Watford would jump at it. Its a shame though as it works both ways. We gave him him a chance when others may not have and also getting him fit and basically making him a better player for Watford. But few care about that do they. Money talks as they say.

It IS a big blow to us though and hope it doesn't depress the other players too much as it has in the past when these things happen. There is nobody to replace him unfortunately and it will weaken us.

But who knows, Uche may well have some sway and force Watford into allowing him to stay here? Especially as he seems settled in his own flat and will have to start all over again.

I'd like to see us make a bid to buy him, I think he is worth the investment in what he gives us, but, others would no doubt be able to pay more...

I think he is part of a bigger deal with DRFC, in which case we would have to be paying quite a handsome sum to get him...

By Uche, its been great watching you, hope your back soon!

Quote from the Watford Observer:
    "the Golden Boys were keen for the 19-year-old to join a club challenging for promotion"

Why would that make any difference to Watford?
    Surely all they'd care about is his fitness, form and game time!
    Very odd!

Very disappointed to hear this news earlier. Believed the lad was settled here and enjoying playing for us and can't help but think this wasn't a move the player himself wanted. Shame his budding partnership with Ajose has been broken up but as SD says, time for others now to step up to the plate and show us what they can do. All the best Uche, we will miss you!

This has been poorly handled by Watford and definitely sounds as if Uche had no choice. We will miss him because I think he's a decent player and a good lad to have at the club, but it'll be good to see LDV step and fill the void. He's a better goalscorer, and with Ajose, Cooper and Ness, I think he suits our style more anyway

Gutted to see him leave the club (despite my username on here) but it's a problem with loaning players from other clubs.

That said it gives an opportunity to others within the squad that wouldn't have had an opportunity to play as much if Uche was here.

OK, here my solution.

DRFC can pay more in wages but how much more? a grand a week? More?

So could we not match that for just the next few months if it could make a difference between relegation and L1?

OK it may mean breaking our current structure but its not set in stone for loan players is it?

eg 15 weeks at the higher rate is not too bad is it? £15K over budget but if we can get others off the wage bill? In fact we have saved that much with our loans to Mansfield and Tranmere just now.

Was so pleased Uche had re-signed for us,then very dissappointed to here he signed for Donny.
    At least we don`t owe Watford anything in the future,the double dealing back stabbers.

Could not believe that Watford had done a U turn on this !

Dissapointing when a club agrees to extend the loan of a player and then within 24 hours changes their agreement and lend him elsewhere. I could understand if the recall was to play for them but to go elsewhere on loan to another club ! Beggars belief.

They expect players to be loyal to them but what about loyalty to agreements or does this just confirm football is just money grabbing without any thought for fans or a player.

Is a footballer just a commodity to be made money from and to hell with the fans who pay their hard earned money to watch them !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast