+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Byron Moore?

Byron Moore?

Not getting that many games up the road is he? But he is comforted by doubling his pay for two years but I wonder where he goes next or he would have preferred to have stayed with us?

re: Byron Moore?

A total no-brainer, Mike.

Yes, Byron is happy to have doubled his wages.

And yes, he is happy to have twice the length of contract we offered him.

What's not to like?

As for your arguments about Uche, they don't hold water either. In the unfolding scenario, we knew what we wanted and what Uche wanted. But not what Watford wanted. And if they're no longer being bankrolled by Elton John, then they could reasonably go for top dollar (which we'd never pay). Plus, try negotiating over the phone with one of their succession of Italian managers? No, thanks.

So let's put it this way: if you were gazumped on the purchase price of a house, would you pay up because you'd fallen in love with the place, or walk away?

Most of us would walk.

At least if Uche signs for the Vale we won't need to face him again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    What's not to like?

Ahem!
    Getting no game time?
    Or maybe the Vale bench is as padded as Old Trafford's and he's just comfy there?

To be fair though, I fear it's events outside football that continues to affect him, hence the infrequent appearances. Speculating of course!

The affects of unfortunate events in his private life are certainly given as a reason by all at the Vale who are asked about why he hasn't featured. We can only assume they are true and wish him all the best in getting more game time this and next season when they are resolved.

I suppose all footballers are different, like the rest of us. Some can go and play the day after a death in the family, others take months to get over it.

I guess the circumstances are significant in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    The affects of unfortunate events in his private life are certainly given as a reason by all at the Vale who are asked about why he hasn't featured. We can only assume they are true and wish him all the best in getting more game time this and next season when they are resolved.

I suppose all footballers are different, like the rest of us. Some can go and play the day after a death in the family, others take months to get over it.
    I hope Byron's aware of the regard and understanding Crewe fans have for him as a professional footballer and that this support helps him to return soon to entertaining spectators for whichever team he's contracted to.

I for one would welcome Byron back with open arms. I certainly enjoyed watching this player whilst at the Alex and have no ill-feeling towards him for joining our local rivals. I am sure that our loving club would look after Byron in these troublesome times. Our 'family' club (especially Bakes) are very good in that respect.