+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McShane

re: McShane

The recent history of Queen of the South is littered with instances of players (and managers) jumping ship for an incremental increase in stature and a, presumably, slightly greater than incremental increase in wages. Our comparative recent successes have done little to change that. Don't want to put a dampener on anyone's day, but a few Hibs fans I know have been discussing their club's alleged interest in Holt for next season.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side as many former Queens managers & players have found out

Press and Journal reporting that Ross Co . are desperate to sign McShane before Mondays deadline but have to come back with an improved cash offer. - view external link

Mcshane is a quite superb player who could play at a far higher level than Ross County.

If he were to leave Palmerston it would have to be for a much, much higher fee with a decent %age added in for the inevitable move down south.

However, what is going on? Players are either leaving or are about to leave, - I've heard ump**** times about Holt heading to Easter Road, - yet here we are with just a few days to go (before the transfer window closes)and hardly able to field a fully fit team!

Pardon me for questioning the BOD, - as I am normally singled out for backing them, - but where is the ambition to get us into that play off place?

The BOD have plenty ambition Jardi . You should know better

Aloreburn, I know they do, - it's just a gentle reminder of just how important that play off place is.

There is no point in getting to the end of the season and saying dammit, we wish we'd brought in a couple of players when we had the opportunity in the January window, so as to be able to compete with Falkirk.

This is a message board which is read by all and sundry. How else does one get the message to the BOD - telepathy?

You know them all Jardi , as do I & many others

All very approachable & decent guys . I'm pretty sure they & the Manager knows what they're doing

I'd be surprised if mcshane plays at any higher level than bottom end spl, really don't rate him that highly, he's decent but superb is a bit over excited, he wouldn't get a game for at least 3 of the teams in front of us in the championship

If/ when he does go then I hope QoS insist on a sell on clause like Hamilton. Who knows, in the future he could go for a big transfer and we need to get in the act like others do.

Mcshane has been the one midfield player that we have been able to rely on. Even Kerr who was excellent was injured for much of the season.A lot of people keep raving about burns and McKenna ( who I both like as well) but the fact is they haven't kicked a ball and there must be huge question marks about their reliability in terms of fitness.

If you want to keep competing at the top end of this league you need playmakers in midfield. Flooding your central midfield with battlers will make you competitive but it is unlikely to get you a play off position in this company.

For this reason a fit Millar and Mcshane supported by perhaps burns will make us a force in that area.

I am surprised that Mcshane hasn't won over all of the supporters - for me he looks a class act!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)