+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Duggy

Thanks Duggy

I know there has been a lot of discussion on the subject of Duggy on different threads, but I thought he deserved one of his own.

Whilst he's not a player I've always admired technically, he is a player and person to whom I hold the upmost respect for the way that he has conducted himself both on and off the field in his time with us.

Totally respect his decision to do the best thing by his family, and would like to wish him all the best in his future career. I'd like to think that should he ever want to turn his hand to coaching, he would be welcomed back to the club with open arms as someone who truely embrases the ethos of the club and understands what we're all about.

re: Thanks Duggy

Well said. I'm sure he would be welcome back, another like Lee Bell who may play elsewhere (though Hasselbaink sees no future for him it seems) but is Crewe through and through.

All the best to the young man in the future.

One other thing that he can teach all sportsmen of all abilities and that is to never give up on your dream and work hard to achieve the best you can. I think we all acknowledge that League 1 is probably the peak of Duggy's ability, but there are hundreds, if not thousands, of players over the years who have achieved much less with rather more ability, and could all a few!

The club have been amply rewarded in giving him the second chance he asked for (and deserved), and I suspect he is just as grateful as we all are.

Duggy does indeed deserve his very own thread.

A model pro who gave his all and battled back despite being released.

Wish him all the best at Tranmere and hope he gets his wish (coaching back at the Alex in the future).

Simply a top top bloke all the best big man nothing but respect and admiration for you

Useful at set pieces, his header and subsequent fist-pump right in front of me at Wimbledon, you could see what the game means to him.
    And then of course out-smarting Mohsni from Westy's free-kick in the play-offs!!
    I'll miss him!

Best of luck Duggie.

My favourite memory of him was in the play-off semi at home to Southend. One of their players hit a fierce shot which hit Duggie's head.
    The tv pundits were amazed he was still standing.
    Duggie just stood there as if a fly had landed on his head.

A true warrior

Wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Best wishes for the future Adam, hope you stay up this season.Thank you for your commitment, hard work and important goals for the Alex.

You know you'll always be welcome at Gresty Road

Like the others on this topic I would like to wish Duggie all the best in the future.
    Never came anywhere near letting us down for effort and commitment.
    Great to see him in Tranmeres team today and finish on the winning side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast