+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: signing players - losing players

signing players - losing players

maybe we should be more savie when getting players on loan

maybe watford thought we didnt want to sign Uche

we should of said at begining - if were impressed by a player what price do you need to sell - then if reasonable agree that if we want player thats the price - simples - it works in most situations

lets find his replacement quick

i like
    john akinde - tom eaves - matt harold - john constable - etc

re: signing players - losing players

I doubt we're in a position to commit a fee for Uche when we don't know what league we'll be playing in next season.Admittedly Doncaster don't either but I think they can be more confident than us that they won't be in L2.

I think we've been very savvy with the loan signings - similar thing happened with Hitchcock last season - I'm not inclined to use hindsight to criticise for matters beyond our control - in fact credit to our scouting network, where were Doncaster when Uche was in Watford U21s? Perhaps their board should be asking Dickov why they need us to do their scouting for them?

SD was shrewd enough to sign a replacement before Christmas in LDV - I assume the fact that he didn't feature in Senior Cup game is a pointer that he'll start on Saturday - we'll see but, based on his previous spell with the club, it's possible that he'll score more goals than Uche and link up better with Ajose. Not to say I don't value Uche's contribution or think we'll miss him but it's not the end

Personally I see LDV's signing more as an alternative to Ajose if we lost him, they're a bit similar for my liking - though LDV put himself about nicely to occupy Vale when put up front on Saturday in place of Uche while Nicky was still on the pitch.

I think we have to go with the cards we're dealt. Last year, after Hitchcock left for a bigger club, so-called, we just had to get on with it, and managed to muddle through.

In any case, we've had a successful short period of Uche's battering-ram style (and penalty petulance), and might now be well advised to try something else. I thought that Bristol City's reliance on Matt Smith, the man-mountain, though he did well for Oldham a couple of years ago, made their play become a bit impoverished.

Far more important is Ness supplying the bullets, so news of further gazumping over his services is more worrying.

LDV has been struggling with a hamstring strain this week. I wonder if he will be fit to face MK Dons on Saturday, or will we be stuck with Haber?