+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pitch Covers?

Pitch Covers?

Anyone know what type of covers we have? I asked Dario a few weeks ago and he replied "Dunno"

The ones I saw at pitch side looked like that had some kind of ventilator contraption but could be fasteners? I was thinking of the type that still allows the grass to breath and/or not get stuck by any ice etc.

I'm still amazed how good all the pitches are nowadays for this time of year, even at Cambridge when they played MU. I doubt that many younger fans could believe what mud patches we had in the olden days when some decent football was played along with a leather case ball they used to put dubbin on and was as heavy as lead!

re: Pitch Covers?

Spurs vs Crewe 1960. FA cup replay. Link below.

Shown on here before. You know the score but look at the White Hart Lane Pitch.

Sixty thousand plus fans there on a cold Wed Night. Amazing hey?

We could have won the match at Gresty Road the previous Saturday.
    20,000 in the ground and I was one of em! - view external link

Amazing.
    The game would be called off in todays games for H&S reasons. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Spurs vs Crewe 1960. FA cup replay. Link below.

Ah! Memories eh!?
    Good to see Charles Charlie Charles and Wilf "Adapted for Speed" Finney lining up for the Londoners!

Well, the covers were rolled over the pitch just in the nick of time this morning...shortly before the snow began to fall. Hopefully, the game will get the green light...we need to keep up the momentum.