+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crewe 0 -MKD 5

Crewe 0 -MKD 5

Not sure I want to start this thread tbh.

The score was embarrassing but didn't flatter MKD as they were that good.

I would say they are the best team in L1 and far better than Preston and Bristol City that I saw down here.

They were brilliant, slick, quick and fast and we couldn't live with them at all in the first half and thought it was a case of how many really. Slightly better second half and a bit more urgency by us but our passing was dire throughout the match, especially by Ness and so our attack was none existent most of the time and even when we got close to their goal we then made the extra pass sideways and lost any momentum.

Had a long chat with Dario at HT mainly about cars as no point in discussing the football.

Its not so much the scoreline but we really do have to do play much better if we are to avoid the drop, although we won't meet this quality every week. thank God!

I missed the last goal as left 5 mins from the end as I was frozen through but h

re: Crewe 0 -MKD 5

Disgraceful again against them, so much for our revival, do we or are we gonna miss Uche this much? 11-0 they've beaten us this season and that has flattered us! Back to square one is it? Relegation on that form sorry but hey can Davis get us going again next week as today the Vale win seemed miles away!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    Disgraceful again against them, so much for our revival, do we or are we gonna miss Uche this much? 11-0 they've beaten us this season and that has flattered us! Back to square one is it? Relegation on that form sorry but hey can Davis get us going again next week as today the Vale win seemed miles away!
    I cannot really comment on the performance against the Vale, but I would suggest that MK Dons (now top of L1) are a much better side than the Vale were (who I would suggest were probably only average).

MK were up for it from the very start and were much quicker to the ball than we were throughout this tiresome match. Only two shots on target in 90 minutes says it all for the Alex. We created nothing hardly, although I thought there were more signs of life when SD employed an orthodox winger in Cooper for that second half. This over-lapping wing back system and three central defenders system is not ideal on every occasion and

Someone heard to say MKD are not a 1st Div team! Problem is Crewe A. are not also on that display. Another game over by Half time? thats not acceptable.

I tend to agree with the manager, rather than get over depressed by the score.

One of those days, look at the first and fifth goals and when the luck is against you they go in your net, at the other end similar deflections went against us.

At 1-0 down, Ajose is taken out by the last man, should have walked. Lewington took out Baillie (late/off the ball and presumably why he was taken off at half time) with a blow to the head - another red card. Good shout for a penalty first half too.

Just move on - better do have a bad day against a top team than a bottom team.

Was worried by our front partnership and still am. They are too similar I reckon, would rather have Oliver recalled from Mansfield and have him up front with Ajose.

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    I tend to agree with the manager, rather than get over depressed by the score.

One of those days, look at the first and fifth goals and when the luck is against you they go in your net, at the other end similar deflections went against us.

At 1-0 down, Ajose is taken out by the last man, should have walked. Lewington took out Baillie (late/off the ball and presumably why he was taken off at half time) with a blow to the head - another red card. Good shout for a penalty first half too.

Just move on - better do have a bad day against a top team than a bottom team.

Was worried by our front partnership and still am. They are too similar I reckon, would rather have Oliver recalled from Mansfield and have him up front with Ajose.
    Yes, the Oliver recall has been mentioned on the thread "Vadaine" and it is something that I also would welcome. I understand that some fans are not too impressed with Oliver's ability at this level, altho

Oliver seemed to be gaining more confidence just as he was sent out on loan. He deserves another chance.

The best team to come here this season by a long way, and possible champions come May. For all that, moved 50 miles from where they were, renamed and parachuted into nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    11-1 not 11-0 , disgraceful that you claim to be a Crewe Alexandra fan and can't even get the aggregate score right against one of our L1 rivals.How hard is it to add up two sets of numbers correctly? Beyond you, clearly. Did you go to the game? I bet you were n't there were you?

We played alright - actually better than alright for most of the game. We defended poorly for most/all of their goals. You'd know that if you were there.Move on, nothing to see here.

Yeah forgot they gave us an own goal there, so they've scored all the goals in our 2 games so that's 12 then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast