+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathias Pogba

Mathias Pogba

Been released by Pescara already.. currently training at Kilmarnock after a failed trial in Holland - not quite the glamorous italian coast
    Now, did we need a replacement for Uche?

re: Mathias Pogba

I never, never advocate ex-players coming back, but this just might be an exception.
    He's big, strong and knows where the goal is. Plus, I don't think there's any humble pie to be eaten.
    Depends on 1. fitness; 2. confidence; and 3. whether he is as good as when he left us.

Mathias Pogba

I'm even more blinkered when players have left I take no interest in them,I prefer to support the current players, but this one could work !

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    I never, never advocate ex-players coming back, but this just might be an exception.
    He's big, strong and knows where the goal is. Plus, I don't think there's any humble pie to be eaten.
    Depends on 1. fitness; 2. confidence; and 3. whether he is as good as when he left us.
    NO. The timing of his departure has left a nasty taste in the mouth. One of the reasons for our awful start to the season may be largely due to the fact that the team was set up during pre-season to accommodate Pogba as our main forward. Let him fester in the wilderness for a while yet.

More importantly, it sends out the wrong message to the present crop of Alex players.

Sign him till end of season, recall Oliver, Loan/release Haber. Loan out Saunders too, needs game time, maybe waters too.

Our forwards would be . LDV, Ajose, Pogba, Oliver, Inman, Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    NO. The timing of his departure has left a nasty taste in the mouth.

I tend to agree.
    He's no Uche!

Would not want him back myself for all the reasons mentioned above - can't trust the fella. As long as we could get Vadaine back, I would far rather get him.

We can now have a good look at Pogba, as his new club Crawley visit us at Easter, in what could be a real six-pointer. Will he get the customary cheer when he enters the field of play? Or will it be a mixed reception after leaving is in the lurch?

Pogba will not get a good reception because of the way he left. I will certainly not be pleased to see him back here playing against us.

Pogba won't get a good reception, doesn't deserve one after the way he left us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast