+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sir Jack's Funeral

Sir Jack's Funeral

Lucky enough to be in the packed church and they certainly gave him a good sent off although a slipped trestle when the coffin was put down, nearly caused it to fall but the RAF pallbearers did a super job holding on. Prior to his reading Jonathan Hayward said " Trust my Dad to have a laugh right to the end".
    Great Eulogy by Rachael Heyhoe Flint on Sir Jack's life and times.

re: Sir Jack's Funeral

I was unable to be there today due to work but so glad so many Wolves fans turned up to pay their final respects to Sir Jack Haywood, RIP.

Was unable to be there because of Work too but the Two local evening news programmes gave the event extensive and dignified coverage.
    RIP Sir (Union) Jack Hayward.

We went into the ground to see the funeral procession leave and then up town to watch the service on the big screen. A very moving occasion containing some excellent tributes especially by Rachel Heyhoe. As for Sir Jack I seriously doubt that we or the country will see his like again.

Enjoyed the whole day,it was a priveledge to be there.
    Singing following the precession.
    "Hes one of our own, Sir Jack Hayward, He one of our own". Just like the Blackpool game..

Very good supplement in todays Express and Star, if any left.

Although not a Wolves fan I do appreciate Sir Jack for what he has done for our great country.

Two things spring to mind, his passion to rescue Brunel's ship Great Britain from the Falklands, I have seen it in Bristol docks and it is fabulous.

And the 2ed being the purchase of Lundy Island for the nation.

The whole country should be proud of this noble man.

Sir Jack Hayward's Funeral Service in link below. Just over ninety minutes in total. - view external link

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)