+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six months in AND WHAT HAVE THESE PLAYERS BEEN DOING?

Six months in AND WHAT HAVE THESE PLAYERS BEEN DOING?

Relegation fight and these players haven`t been pulling their weight and the question is why? HABER, ATKINSON, INMAN amongst others, Uche did more than these lot in the short time he was here so why are these lot so lazy and what on earth does Davis and his sidekick do? the academy lot show more spirit for playing for crewe than those, money for nothing it seems, time for them to get their fingers out isn`t but personally I feel Inman is on his way out when his contract is up as he doesn`t seem interested at all playing for us now does he?

re: Six months in AND WHAT HAVE THESE PLAYERS BEEN DOING?

Your right! but i still have some faith in Inman he can Win us a game,and why has he turned out like this!Not the fist time players have fallen out with the Club? My main concern is like this weeks coming fixture,where the points are more important than ever with teams around us,Far to many times Crewe come in 2nd place in these games,and sometimes they never get to half time before the game is over.So why are Crewe A such a soft touch!as many do see us that way.
    Time to toughen up a little or like you say a K U T A.

Two pretty brutal statements above, but I feel that there is a lot of truth in what has been said.
    Clearly Haber and Atkinson are either well short of the required standard of Div 1 or are finding no real connection with the club or even SD.
    Inmans form has deteriorated since the first day he became a full signing and is unrecognisable from that night nearly two years ago at the Ricoh.
    Whatever the reason for these players not playing anywhere near well enough it is surely up to the management team to get it sorted without delay or the basement division could be a reality.

Agree to an extent although these are a few out of a sizable squad - Haber didn't help himself choosing Canada friendlies, Inman struggled with illness (was awesome against Bolton) needs to rediscover this - Atkinson no idea whats hes doing.
    Think the rest have fought for the cause mainly more recently tho and others who haven't impacted (oliver, audel, molyneux, shearer) have all left on loan or left altogether. Think a few need to show their worthly Inman and Coco - can't see a future for Haber and Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    and what on earth does Davis and his sidekick do?
    Lost you about there. "and his sidekick" - by that, I think you mean Neil Baker? As in a bloke that has devoted 15+ years of his life to help this club?!

Absolutely pathetic comment.

Maybe harsh but then again most assistants are often referred too as sidekicks in all walks of life, just a little cheesed off that those players aren't performing and a recent loanees put more effort into our cause than that lot put together!

Baker Devoted his life ! he has applied for at least 3 Posts at other clubs in his time here but was turned down by all of them,I wonder why?
    If ever there was a need for a new face and new ideas its this post.

I have to say that I think that is very unfair to Neil Baker. He is an employee and as such is fully entitled to seek other positions. It doesn't make him any less committed to the Alex cause. Some people just want change because it has been this way for a lengthy period of time. All I will say is, be careful as to what you wish for! I am quite happy with the management team at Crewe and for that matter, the whole way the club is run!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I have to say that I think that is very unfair to Neil Baker. He is an employee and as such is fully entitled to seek other positions. It doesn't make him any less committed to the Alex cause. Some people just want change because it has been this way for a lengthy period of time. All I will say is, be careful as to what you wish for! I am quite happy with the management team at Crewe and for that matter, the whole way the club is run!
    Its all a matter of opinion of course but there are always improvements to be made in any business model and our club has had many good years based on a model that may not be sustainable in the future. ie the new academy system is acknowledged as preferential treatment towards the PL and not essentially for the benefit of clubs like CAFC.

This model is outrageously expensive which we know doesn't guarantee either players good enough for league football or future transfer fees will match those of the

Haber has a lot of limitations and he does not fit in with our current setup as he clearly needs crosses and a pacy mover around him. However, unlike Inman, Haber has contributed something this season. Inman should have gone with Molyneux and Audel because he has contributed precious little in more than twice the game time given to those players - whilst on (I guess) much better pay!!!

Even as recently as last week Billy Waters showed up much more than Inman in the Cheshire Cup

Atkinson - who knows??? Looked ordinary when I have seen him but he has a few games behind him at this level. Well behind our other midfielders in my view but don't know why

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast