+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another London Bus Strike

Another London Bus Strike

3 of them, starting tomorrow, next week Friday and the following Monday, tomorrows one will not affect me as I'm on a looooong Weekend

Lots of drivers are going to work though because of snide dealings that the Union's have been doing, so it probably will not have as much effect this time.

re: Another London Bus Strike

Scabs..

The only day I'm at work when they are striking is the second one on the Friday, the other 2 I'm resting.

But to tell you the truth I'm thinking of being a scab Alf for 3 reasons, its a bit long winded but bear with me.

(1) The garage next to us, Metro Bus which is only 400 yards down the same road had a proper Gazebo with new barbeques, several assorted meats, hot and cold drinks and weather proof rain macks to protect them if it rained, and even hired a portable toilet: We had an old tarp sheet thrown between 2 trees and railings, an old stove with cheap beef burgers and cans of coke, at the start they didn't even have fire lighters to start the stove, and our toilet was the Bushes. A driver asked the union what they were providing for these next 3 strikes, They said nothing as there was nothing in the finances (Sounds like BFC ), strange as we may be different garages but its the same Union.

(2)Our Union said they would pay £30 for every driver who did the strike last time, th

I can see why you are thinking the way you are Alto,you do what you think is right..if a cause is worth fighting for then fight for it,but you all need to be singing from the same hymn sheet for it to work At the end of the day it's your welfare you are trying to look after ..

The union are definitely not what they were like due to all the government laws on striking.. Obviously they have broken their promise of paying you in a week ,so who can you trust.

Isn't it because you're running out of buses? you seem to be making them all convertibles.

Quote Originally Posted by griff
    Isn't it because you're running out of buses? you seem to be making them all convertibles.
    They ship them down to Swanage for the open top bus tours in the summer ..

it's shoddy that you don't know what you're striking for, alto.

how do the union tell you strike action is in the offing?

Quote Originally Posted by footy_le_bordel
    it's shoddy that you don't know what you're striking for, alto.

how do the union tell you strike action is in the offing?
    All garages in London, Arriva, Abellio, Metro, Go Ahead, London General and the rest have been Hoodwinked by this Unite Union, Unite was handing out leaflets to drivers as late as Tuesday about Thursdays strike, one driver said "why are you handing those out 2 day's before strike action ? Union should have been having discussions with Drivers long ago in special meetings to let them know exactly what the strike was for, you can stick them leaflets up your @rse".

TFL has said that 51% of drivers worked today, Unite said the strike action was well attended, I have spoken to about 8 drivers over the course of today and not one of them took strike action and said 2 of our main routes had a full compliment of bus', so believe what you want whether it was a success or not, I believe Unite have shot themselves

i'd have thought you'd be briefed by some kind of shop steward or union rep. what do i know? never been in a union.

you should have a read of the book @ link. interesting reading re: role of unions.

get yoursen a second hand copy if you can. - view external link

Alto, I read today that only 16% of drivers voted for the strike, which is very undemocratic.
    Unite has no money to give you as they are giving it all to the Labour party.

I am a member of GMB union, and the General Secretary gets a huge 6 figure salary, disgusting, plus car, plus pension benefits etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast