+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allan Johnston Will Resign for Killie

Allan Johnston Will Resign for Killie

at the end of the season according to BBC Sport just now.

Wonder if he'll return to Queens?

I meant to say ..."Resign from Killie"... - view external link

re: Allan Johnston Will Resign for Killie

He can't just return, unless Fowler decides to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi
    I was thinking he would work alongside Fowler as his assistant manager, as he's still to appoint one.

I wonder if Killie might come in for Fowler given that they came for Johnston afer he had only one season in the Second division? He wouldn't cost them anything and would probably be popular with their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi
    I thought Fowler's contract was just till the end of the season.

I've always been under the impression that Killie were being quite smart in appointing Gary Locke as Asst. to Magic and that he would be a ready made replacement when the time came. Sadly, AJ has never been popular with the Killie fans - they just can't get over 'King Kenny'.

There would obviously be a vacany then for a 'No. 2' at Rugby Park which Fowler may be attracted to or in demand for - he is very popular there.

He may, of course, be enjoying his stint as a 'No. 1' and not wish to step back.

He is doing a fine job and I would be more than happy for him to continue with QOS but if he were to be considered for a position at Killie then we would have a ready-made replacement waiting in the wings.

Looks like Johnston will get the sack today according to the reports on west sound!

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley
    I've always been under the impression that Killie were being quite smart in appointing Gary Locke as Asst. to Magic and that he would be a ready made replacement when the time came. Sadly, AJ has never been popular with the Killie fans - they just can't get over 'King Kenny'.

There would obviously be a vacany then for a 'No. 2' at Rugby Park which Fowler may be attracted to or in demand for - he is very popular there.

He may, of course, be enjoying his stint as a 'No. 1' and not wish to step back.

He is doing a fine job and I would be more than happy for him to continue with QOS but if he were to be considered for a position at Killie then we would have a ready-made replacement waiting in the wings.
    Duh, who?

Off the top of my head, what have Connolly, Chisholm, Johnston and McIntyre all got in common ?

Greed; the grass is greener in their opinion; risking short term gain for long term failure- is that enough?

When will managers and players start to realise that Scottish football is a tiny merry-go-round and that the only real promotion for them is going south of the border?

Queens have rapidly established themselves as one of the top teams in the country with no debt and an income stream which does not depend entirely on 18 home matches.

For that reason, grabbing a few extra pounds to manage Kili or Ross county is hardly increasing your profile, especially if you end up being sacked or relegated!

Equally, from a players perspective, languishing on a bench at a 'bigger' team is not much fun, but ultimately being dumped into the wilderness is worse.

Queens may not be perfect in the true sense of the word, but Palmerston is as close to a footballing utopia in Scotland as you are likely to get.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)