+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Reading Matchday Thread

Wolves v Reading Matchday Thread

Team News

Wolves

Having returned to full training following Mali's exit from the Africa Cup of Nations Bakary Sako is available for selection this weekend.

Carl Ikeme suffered a broken second metatarsal in training this week and will be out of action for several weeks.

Tommy Rowe (foot) remains a long term exclusion as he recovers from a long term injury.

Reading

Yakubu Aiyegbeni could be included in the Reading squad, after signing on a free transfer on transfer deadline day.

Hope Akpan recovered from his shoulder injury in time to feature for the Reading reserves in midweek.

Danny Guthrie took part in training on Thursday and could also make the squad.

Steve Clarke will remain without Chris Gunter and Anton Ferdinand, who are both sidelined.

Hopefully Wolves can get back to winning ways today after the two draws against Charlton and Bolton. It will be interesting to see if Kenny Jackett brings Sako ba

re: Wolves v Reading Matchday Thread

I have always been impressed with prediction quality on our prediction league as everyone takes it seriously and tries to get it right.

Whilst a Reading win is always a possibility, I did find some of their predictions lacking in understanding and reality. I even considered putting this one on our 'One More Joke' thread!

See what you think:- - view external link

Not much chance of a stream I suppose.

Interesting stats: Wolves last defeat at Molineux was against Bournemouth, December 6th (I was at that game), Reading's only defeat since December was at Fulham; these are two teams on the rise and playing some good football. Could go either way, all the more so since Reading striker Yakubu could make his debut for the club today...a lot to watch for!

Lineup,
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

29 Kuszczak
    02 Doherty
    06 Batth
    05 Stearman
    30 Hause
    14 Evans
    11 McDonald
    17 van La Parra
    04 Edwards
    10 Sako
    12 Afobe

Substitutes

03 Golbourne
    07 Henry
    19 Price
    23 Ebanks-Landell
    31 Flatt
    33 Iorfa
    40 Dicko

Reading
    01 Federici
    03 Kelly
    15 Hector
    05 Pearce
    11 Obita
    12 McCleary
    23 Williams
    14 Chalobah
    09 Robson-Kanu
    10 Cox
    07 Pogrebnyak

Substitutes

06 Norwood
    16 Akpan
    19 Mackie
    20 Aiyegbeni
    22 Blackman
    31 Andersen
    35 Cooper

Yakubu! Didn't realise he was still around. Slower no doubt but you can guarantee he is still a handful.

Still, a close win for us I think.

Come on Mi Babbies!!

As you and I are the only ones signed on this site at present it might be a two-way conversation at best, Woody!?

Hmmm, 0-1 Reading after 20 seconds...DARN!

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    As you and I are the only ones signed on this site at present it might be a two-way conversation at best, Woody!?
    WTF. 0-1 first min!!

Yes mate not much interest today is there. Maybe we can drag a stray Baggie in.

No excuse for allowing a goal so early. Just a result of not being mentally prepared.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)