+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie May...

Stevie May...

Hit the post YET AGAIN...

He's been very, very unlucky up to now in the scoring department but he's still a young un and I strongly believe he'll come good sooner, rather than later.

Can't fault him for his effort and running (although sometimes his first touch let's him down).

It's frustrating...More for him than us I reckon, but next season watch this lad knock the goals in.

re: Stevie May...

He'll come good.
    I reckon he believes in his self.
    Fingers crossed Braggy.

Credit to him also for choosing the right club...wheat & chaff

Don't stop believing and one day you might even convince yourselves.

What a waste of money. But you don't care cos you've got loads now.

Jealousy is a funny old thing. For me, May will undoubtedly come good. Simply, he gets the chances to score which means his brain anticipates where he should be. He has a number of scoring chances in most games. If he didn't have chances to score it would be different. No brainer for me, an excellent signing and one I wished we had secured

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley
    Don't stop believing and one day you might even convince yourselves.

What a waste of money. But you don't care cos you've got loads now.

You're just yet another bitter Rotherham fan...You ought to take a leaf out of Pete's book..Someone who actually knows what he's on about.

How many times have you seen Stevie May play this season btw?

Ally McCoist and Kris Boyd couldn't cut it in England so not surprised to see Stevie 'one season' Wonder struggle so badly.

To pay 7 figures for him on the back of a few goals in the league that Lyle Taylor terrorised was madness. We bought McNulty for a fraction of that and right now in terms of ability there isn't a cigarette papers worth of difference between the two.

It's looking like Gray will be losing his Head Coach position soon. This transfer will most likely be his biggest regret.

Rubbish!

Stevie will come good.

Think you could, and I stress, could be right about the other bit though if results don't pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    Ally McCoist and Kris Boyd couldn't cut it in England so not surprised to see Stevie 'one season' Wonder struggle so badly.

To pay 7 figures for him on the back of a few goals in the league that Lyle Taylor terrorised was madness. We bought McNulty for a fraction of that and right now in terms of ability there isn't a cigarette papers worth of difference between the two.

It's looking like Gray will be losing his Head Coach position soon. This transfer will most likely be his biggest regret.
    Didn't know £800,000 amounted to 7 figures. Would we have been much better off paying nearly double that for a full-back who was less than insp***tional in the recent defeat at Gillingham?

Not rubbish at all braggy. From what I’ve seen of May and the reports I’ve heard he just isn’t fit for the purpose he was bought for. Gray thought he was getting a lethal finisher but instead he’s bought a carthorse who has replaced quality for workrate and has all the subtlety of a baby elephant in sight of goal.
    McNulty, though his pee is still green, is a better natural finisher than May. As their careers unfold I’ll be proven right on this.
    The 7 figure deal you had to put together for May’s signature was ludicrous. With his contract running out he was worth no more than a 200k gamble. I’m afraid to tell you that Steve Evans has done a number on Wednesday, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had little interest in May but saw an opportunity to waste your entire spending kitty from the Antonio deal on this lame duck. Evans is as canny as he is obese.

Re the boywonder’s petulant, and repeated, attack on Brayford. Very poor. Brayford is a quality player and a quality human being …

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)