+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe v Yeovil****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Crewe v Yeovil****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Going for a solid 2-0 win to the mighty reds. Then with another very doable three points from Fleetwood on Saturday we'll be mid table(ish) and above a certain team who have Bristol City and Walsall (both games AWAY to boot!)C.O.Y.R.

re: Crewe v Yeovil****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

2-1 win. Ajose, LDV and A-jay.

A tentative 2-1 win with Ajose with a brace.

Time for a treat. It has been long overdue since we walloped any team, so I reckon we can prepare for a few goals tonight. That season we beat Barnet (7-0) and Cheltenham (8-1) was fantastic for attacking play, so it would be nice if we could have some of the same tonight. I will stick my neck out and go for a 5-1 win for the Alex. It could be six if we get the rub of the green. Poor gate of 3,450.

That trouncing of Barnet a few seasons back. At the end of the game I always remember seeing an elderly Barnet supporter, standing at the wall on the half-way line, telling the team what he thought of them. I bet that was the last time he supported his team at an away fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I will stick my neck out and go for a 5-1 win for the Alex.

Blimey Mick, hope you're right!
    But unlike my usual optimism, I'm going for a 1-1.
    I just feel Yeovil are stronger away.

What I do hope we do is pressure their keeper.
    Krysiak is one of their own - just! (they signed him in the Summer) - but they've been playing loanees, (Jake Kean from Blackburn & Jed Steer from Villa), ahead of him for most of the season - until now!
    Suggests to me they only really see him as backup!

2-0 (LDV and Ajose)

4 points from the next few home games and I predict we'll have a good cusion away from the bottom 4.

6 points from the next 2 games... we may well be as close the the play-offs as we are to the bottom 4!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    I will stick my neck out and go for a 5-1 win for the Alex.

Blimey Mick, hope you're right!
    But unlike my usual optimism, I'm going for a 1-1.
    I just feel Yeovil are stronger away.

What I do hope we do is pressure their keeper.
    Krysiak is one of their own - just! (they signed him in the Summer) - but they've been playing loanees, (Jake Kean from Blackburn & Jed Steer from Villa), ahead of him for most of the season - until now!
    Suggests to me they only really see him as backup![/quote]

I was way off with my 5-1 forecast... but it could have easily have come to fruition. All of those Ajose misses, the lob in the first half, the shot against the post and the one that went inches wide in the second, coupled with the two efforts from Jones, had me thinking it was just not going to be our night. Yeovil should have been out of sight long before that final whistle. We will just h