+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: boy, will I miss it...

boy, will I miss it...

yes, nights will never be the same again...

I listen to talksport, in bed at night, particularly like the 10.00pm Goldberg and Cundy, humourous and informative...

earlier in the evening I'll often have praise and grumble on radio Sheffield...

the trouble with talksport is the constant adverts, small price to pay I guess...BUT...

I will be so distraught when everybody in the world has claimed from the bank...and I'll no longer hear those magic words, with that jollity jingle...Have I got P.P.I...

all I will say on that...when I use to apply for a loan with the bank they would ask...'do you want protection'...I then asked 'what is that?'...they in turn explained, and when I found out it was more expensive I took the loan without protection, knowing full well that I was in secure employment...did things change at some point in time?...

or are people just jumping on a bandwagon that is serenely rolling along??????????

ray...in Batley.

re: boy, will I miss it...

I get them all the time Ray.

I had a serious injury at football and was off work for six months. I have 'sport injury compensation companies' ringing me daily asking me to take a parish council to court over 'badly maintained sports surfaces' - yet no such words ever came out of mouth.

I constantly explain to them that when you play a contact sport, you're at risk of injury. If you want to protect yourself, then you take out insurance...but then there will probably be something illegal in the insurance (like PPI) and you'll be able to claim for that as well

Add to that the misdiagnosis of my injury by an NHS doctor and I could have three claims in. The duty of care and help I received from the NHS after was enough compensation for that to be honest, it's just a shame some people don't think twice about getting whatever they can!

Hi Rotherhamowl...

I had a similar thing over a bump I was involved with when I was driving...

I was off to see my solicitor to draw my will up, parking spaces close by were at a premium, and with emphysema walking any distance is a real difficulty.

As I got close to the solicitors a woman was coming out of a parking space, relatively close to where I needed to be...I probably didn't put my indicators on, stopped so that she could move out and allow me to park...trouble was there was a bus behind me and he ran into me!

I was usually a careful driver, but realised that (even though the bus shouldn't have been so close) I was starting to make silly manouvers because of my breathing problem.

I only used the car rarely at this stage...it was costing me more in new batteries than it would have done in taxis, so I decided to stop driving and sold the car.

It must have been a good year later that I started to get phone calls from a claims company, chasing me to make a claim as the drive

A workmate had the same problem Ray.

He had a bump at 5 mph, yet didn't suffer any injury at all. There was minor damage to both cars, but he constantly gets bombarded with phone calls.

Apparently your details get released onto a database and that's how they find out you've had a crash. Despite him saying he suffered no injury at all, they try putting words in his mouth...asking if suffered emotionally or felt distressed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)