+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder how many people ...

I wonder how many people ...

thought when they grow up they want to be an internet warrior

Fuddy duddy fuds

re: I wonder how many people ...

I wanted to be a cont..

I wanted to be a bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    I wanted to be a bus driver
    They are proper conts.

Yes Alf we have proof of that on this board

I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up, but life's journey been good to me so far. I'm glad I was never famous and people kept focusing on me waiting for me to balls up on something. I used to like playing various sports, but never went in for over achieving causing damage and pain to my body in later years.Being obscure and pointless does have it's advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne
    Being obscure and pointless does have it's advantages.
    That sounds Like Snottingham Florest

I was all set to be a footballer, my Dad used to watch me play for the School and said he's get me a trial at Burnley.

Things were going well until I touched the smoke, he could tell even though I lied to him when he asked me if I was smoking.

He said I'd have to buck up if I wanted him to get me a trial, Barden got to the semi-final of the Keighley Cup, we drew 0-0, in the replay we hammered them 4-1, I scored a hat trick but had a bad game, in the final against St Theodors we went in at half time winning 1-0 but eventually lost 3-1, I had a nightmare of a game, I remember me and Steve Duerkin watching Barden and St Theodors school children knocking seven shades out of each other on the long side from the pitch, it was just before the Bob Lord stand went up and that side was all boarded up.

Seems weird looking back and remembering what could have been.

I always wanted a career in sport in some form or another, but it wasn't to be Other than that I did not have a clue what I wanted to do, hence the pickle I find myself in now in later life.

I never wanted to be a Bus Driver or an Accountant.

I did consider applying to be Michelle Pfeiffer's personal masseur a few years ago

I was in with the in crowd at Derby during our golden era and knew all the great players. I even managed to play a few games in the Rams under 18 team and later the A team on a non contract basis. I guess you would now call that the Under 21s.

I thought I was good enough and I was a very quick two footed winger, but our Brian already had Alan Hinton and I was never going to be as good as him, so girls, booze and night clubs took over and that was that really.

The problem was, I did not really know what I was best at sports wise and the disciplines were not always compatible from a physique point of view (a bit technical).

At the same time I was al

I played football at a low level,played cricket at a low level,was quite a good long distance runner , but my best sport was snooker,they say it's a sign of a misspent youth,in my case they are right,I used to frequent the local Alexander snooker hall from being in my early teams ( no doubt Stan will know that place )
    Playing for money with some very good players,so one had to learn quickly or lose loads of money.. Had a few century breaks and loads of fifty breaks over the years but unfortunately never consistent enough to win owt competition like..

Went into aero engineering at 21 and never looked back and retired at 51 ..

Every days a holiday now.. Love my touring around the country for six months every year and relaxing in the winter.. Could be worse and have to work for a living.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast