+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best team between present side and class of 08

Best team between present side and class of 08

Was on p and b site and good topic there about the best side between the current squad and the team that took us to the final and Europe. Anyone any thoughts on this and who would make your squad.

Mine would be

McDonald

Mitchell Higgins Durnan Harris

Burns Tosh. McFarlane Russell

O'Conner Dobbie

Harris for me was the hardest to pick over holt, but went for him because he had a terrific delivery into the box. Dobbie and Reilly was another hard choice but went with dobie mainly due to his finishing ability, although Gav is by far the harder worker. O'Conner was the easiest choice. On his day he could play in the epl. The only player I seen in 2008 to bully Carlos Cuelor when we played them. On his day he could have played for any epl I'm sure. Shame he was blighted by injury. For me he is one of the best I have seen at Palmerston.

re: Best team between present side and class of 08

I have had my say on P+B on this subject. I would hardly take any from the 08 to replace our present team. Holt and Harris were both good attacking full backs but Bobs passing was wayward so Kevin gets the nod. I would have Mitchell or Dowie over Ryan McCann. Higgins and Durnan over Thompson and Aitken who were brave as lions but limited on the ground . Our present two are far better at playing the ball . Controversially - to some - I wouldn't have Tosh either . He played some good games but was never consistent enough for me . He was on the slide here and was better for GŁetna than us . I could go on and on . To Toshers credit , he would be far better fun on a night out than I would imagine this current lot to be .

re: Best team between present side and class of 08

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    To Toshers credit , he would be far better fun on a night out than I would imagine this current lot to be .
    As quite a few of us found out over the years

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)