+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven points...

Seven points...

..from the relegation zone and seven points from the play-offs! The next couple of games should determine our mood for the rest of the season. My initial targets would be i) to overtake our friends from the Vale and ii) to catch "promotion-chasing" Doncaster Rovers. Anything after that would be a bonus.

re: Seven points...

7 - a number with mystical qualities (seven seas etc.}.From now to the end of the season I'll be checking animals' steaming entrails for further signs, and drinking cans of 7UP too!

[quote="duschko" Doncaster Rovers. Anything after that would be a bonus.[/quote]

It is that goal difference of ours that continues to deceive. So how ever you look at things, looking upwards, the 7 points equates to 8 and looking below it is six. I think I am right with that one. Mind you, I am not complaining as the Alex deserve to be pulling away from that drop zone. Certainly not good enough this season for the play-offs, but definitely capable of overtaking the Vale.

Fair point about the goal difference but the teams below us are doing their best to catch us! Yeovil could/should have overtaken us last night but I prefer to save those goals for Saturday, despite the toll taken on the nerves last night.

Quote Originally Posted by duschko
    Fair point about the goal difference but the teams below us are doing their best to catch us! Yeovil could/should have overtaken us last night but I prefer to save those goals for Saturday, despite the toll taken on the nerves last night.
    Yes, it should have been 5 or 6 onto our plus goals and the same on their minus total... but that is football. We will hammer a team someday.

Quote Originally Posted by lestiverton
    7 - a number with mystical qualities (seven seas etc.}.From now to the end of the season I'll be checking animals' steaming entrails for further signs, and drinking cans of 7UP too!
    Oooo Mystic Les !!!
    Have you got the 6 numbers for Saturday?

Sportingindex have us coming 6th bottom by season end...I'd take that even though they have the Vile finishing 7th bottom !

Dont get to carried away yet remeber its taken Crewe nearly 2 seasons to even get out of the bottom 4,and we have not landed safety yet ?