+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message to mr evans and mr raynor

re: Message to mr evans and mr raynor

mr wrinkly

I DONT HATE THE BLOKE caps lock comments ok
    what i have criticised as well as other well based opinionated fans is steve evans man management, dugout antics and at the time his tactics .
    On the tactics he has changed his style and players I have acknowledged that he has so far proved me wrong
    transfers
    hammill loan good
    ward signed good
    sammon good so far
    fryers good

one thing I am behind is the players and the team

and I hope evans does keep us up and I WILL BE THE FIRST TO EAT HUMBLE PIE (caps again emphasing a point)

I criticise his man management skills because I am a manager of multi skilled team each with their own personalities.

and you have to adapt a different management approach to suit.

If you go down to the training ground i only see one

To end this reply I am a proper fan dispite been brought up near the sty of swillsborough
    and as a season ticket holder have the right to criticise and before you start i havent booed a player yet

mr hillsborough

I don't doubt for a minute that you are a genuine fan.

I'm not about to start accusing you of booing players (why would I?)

You have every right to voice your criticisms. The fact that you are a season ticket holder is irrelevant. I speak as a season ticket holder for most of the past 50 odd years.

I was a manager for most of my working life. I managed 100s of people with a wide variety of skills and personalities. I doubt that I would have had as much success in managing professional football clubs as Steve Evans has. You may think you would do better.

Nevertheless I defend your right to raise concerns about his man management style.

My point is that, whether you accept it or not, you come across as having a vendetta against Evans.

When the anti-Evans rhetoric was in full flow a few weeks ago you were certainly at the forefront - starting several threads, basically saying the same things ad nauseum.

You now give him faint praise for the changes he is making

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    He should sit in the stands now and again, gets a different and better view of the game IMO

he dosnt harass the Officials on the pitch unless they rightly deserve it

but that's wrong. During the Ipswich game the ball went out off a Rotherham player and Evans had a hissy fit with the linesman, ref and fourth official, he even had a pop at Mick McCarthy for "influencing the officials"

All that for a throw in on the half way line FFS !!!!!!

His behaviour is beyond a joke, stop defending his antics, sometimes silence shouts

Quote Originally Posted by Tizmeister
    Absolutly correct, I sit behind them every home match , and at times it is embarrassing to hear.
    I firmly believe that they are reknown throughout the refereeing world , and quite often the refs know pre match they are going to sort out mr evans and mr raynor.
    hence often costing us decisions throughout the game

There's a suggestion in your reply that you think the officials are corrupt. Steve would never sink that low. Maybe you need to go and sit in the east stand. It could be you giving off the nasty vibes.

Just a solution suggestion.if it works we know it was you.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    why do some fans go to a game just to watch the dugout
    They've had three years to find a seat somewhere else! It's like they are gluttons or maybe they sit and hope he gets the sack.

Evans' managerial style is to sit(stand) in the dugout and hurl vitriol. Steve McLaren's is to sit in the stand and to ban swearing. Everyone is different, let him get on with it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123