+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Sky and Scottish Football

re: O/T Sky and Scottish Football

Not a chance! The best you could hope for is the price to stay the same I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by 84yards
    Slightly off topic but I wonder if Sky will drop their prices for next season after they lost out to BT SPORTS for the champions league coverage ?!?
    The same question I asked a Sky engineer recently. He said that Sky are going to merge Sky Football Germany, Sky Football Spain etc etc together with their coverage here , add an extra channel and show the games as normal . Now, I am not saying this is true but is what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Slightly off topic but I wonder if Sky will drop their prices for next season after they lost out to BT SPORTS for the champions league coverage ?!?
    The same question I asked a Sky engineer recently. He said that Sky are going to merge Sky Football Germany, Sky Football Spain etc etc together with their coverage here , add an extra channel and show the games as normal . Now, I am not saying this is true but is what I was told.[/quote]

That rings a bell , here's the link confirming a Sky merger >>> - view external link

JRS, when my youngest moves out post-December (wedded)I will be getting rid of SKY and BT, the money saved will get me the equivalent of at least 3 season tickets at Palmerston. I will only need 1 but some of the remainder will help with travel costs to away games. That will be my alternative rebel action against morally corrupt big media business.

Quote Originally Posted by topfitter
    JRS, when my youngest moves out post-December (wedded)I will be getting rid of SKY and BT, the money saved will get me the equivalent of at least 3 season tickets at Palmerston. I will only need 1 but some of the remainder will help with travel costs to away games. That will be my alternative rebel action against morally corrupt big media business.
    Good on you topfitter.--------If Sky manage to still screen Champions League Football by way of this merger when BT have played an absolute fortune for the coverage , this will be one of the biggest flanking movements ever . If true, then BT will surely be devasted.

Quote Originally Posted by topfitter
    I presume like many, over the years you have contributed to the 'morally corrupt big media business' in a big way, but in return you have watched some of the finest football available. The stance you now appear to be taking is really the only option you can take, you either cancel your subscriptions, or you put up with it. Admittedly it is an obscene amount of money, but sadly it will continue to get bigger and bigger until the mass audience decides to go along your route and withdraw their subscriptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)