+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idea's to increase the crowd

re: Idea's to increase the crowd

One can only assume that the club is happy with the status quo.

How much would it cost for someone with a barrow on market days in Crewe, Nantwich and Sandbach? In fact the Council may even subsidize them as promoting the Town as well. What about the senior lads from the academy helping out?

I suspect you are right in that most new people in these areas haven't a clue what goes on at GR or RH.

22 quid is far too much for a third division game compared with most other forms of entertainment.

It really should be comparable to a cinema ticket and that is a third the price and so maybe the club realize they are in a niche market and people are far too (can't think of the right word) to spend that sort of money and on a cold day/night in Jan/Feb, there is no chance.

I think ten pounds MAX match day price is probably a lot more more reasonable and why they aren't bothering. They think they are doing well getting 4000.

Football has moved on Mike, gone are the days where we can realistically charge £10 for a match ticket. I may be wrong and it could work perfectly but it's one hell of a risk to take.

There are too many glory supporters in Crewe.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    22 quid is far too much for a third division game compared with most other forms of entertainment.

It really should be comparable to a cinema ticket and that is a third the price and so maybe the club realize they are in a niche market and people are far too (can't think of the right word) to spend that sort of money and on a cold day/night in Jan/Feb, there is no chance.

I think ten pounds MAX match day price is probably a lot more more reasonable and why they aren't bothering. They think they are doing well getting 4000.
    You haven't been to the cinema in a long time have you Mike?

£22 plus a coffee/pie is cheaper than a trip to the cinema plus popcorn and drink these days. A cinema ticket alone is £10-13.

As a season ticket holder if I want to buy another ticket I have to pay full price, which I have done three times this season, not sure if you can also be a member as well as season ticket holder but, why not allow season ticket holders the same offer as a membership and purchase an extra ticket at the 17:50 rate.

encourage ST holders to bring a mate.

secondly say one home game a month encourage all ST holders and members to bring a mate day offer tickets at 15 pound main stand 10 pound GRE or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS

You haven't been to the cinema in a long time have you Mike?

£22 plus a coffee/pie is cheaper than a trip to the cinema plus popcorn and drink these days. A cinema ticket alone is £10-13.[/quote]

I went a couple of weeks ago to see Exodus at the local Cinema and it was 6 quid concession price and I asked them what the full price was and it was around 7 quid if I

OK, being you mentioned going to the cinema. This was my experience...Non football folks!

The film was called Exodus, God and Kings and I booked a ticket the day before on the back row in a corner so I can stretch my legs out as get cramp easily. I went along the next day to find two women sitting next to each other and one in my booked seat and as its one of those multi screen cinemas there were perhaps a 100 seat capacity and apart from the two women there was three more people near the front and so the whole place was virtually empty. Anyway, I didn't say anything as it would be silly to cause a rumpus and ask them to move so sat on the back row on the next but one seat to them as didn't want to crowd them.

Just before the film started, an old man came in (older than me anyway) and looked at his ticket and at the back row thinking someone was sitting in his seat which could have been me but he too didn't say anything but parked himself right next to me! But avoided the empt

A few off the top of me head:

1) One supervised section of the crowd for kids. Kids only. All under, say, 12. Like a big giant creche for kids. Entrance fee = 0. Nowt. Zip. Not a dime. First come; first serve. So many advantages I'm struggling where to start:
    a) Catch 'em young; get 'em hooked. If 10% grow up to be full-on Alex fans then that'll be worth it. We do this ON the pitch with the academy, why not OFF the pitch. Kids are our Garlic Bread, after all.
    b ) suppose this 'creche' is near the tunnel end of the stand (so they can go and get Gresty autographs), then the stand can be a little more 'segregated'. With the kids in the creche, dad is free to chant with his pals without the 'dad your so embarrassing' moment and will encourage a better atmosphere elsewhere in the stand.
    c) While I agree the adult ticket prices themselves are too expensive, free tickets for kids means that mums and dads no longer have to fork out an extra 30 quid to go to the match when they are too young t

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123