+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City v Wolves Matchday Thread

re: Norwich City v Wolves Matchday Thread

Yuck.

Norwich 2-0 Wolves

And that score's putting it nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by baggins
    I really don't todays subs 2.0 down and bring on a defender
    Ian, I thought Golbourne was supposed to work well with Sako. Could it be seen as an option to boost our attack?[/quote]

call me old fashioned but surely when losing attacking midfielders would have been a better option especially with Afobe upfront on his own ?????? Would have rather seen Henry or Jacobs on ? Sako been quiet, MacDonald sounds to have had a bad game so I would have changed midfield...[/quote]

I don't disagree, mate. It's just how I interpreted KJ's thinking.

Bewitched, bothered and totally bewildered I am
    off to my bed. Goodnight fellow sufferers.

We seemed to have been totally outplayed and shown as a mid table team

Jacketts subs seemed strange to me

Kenny after report will say we need to improve and move the ball quicker... Lacking sparkle etc blah blah heard it all before lol

From Wolves Twitter:-

F/T Norwich 2-0 Wolves: Goals from Bradley Johnson and Lewis Grabban in either half condemn Wolves to defeat at Norwich.

Shame we didn't turn up after all the good work on Tuesday!

At least we got 3 points from two very difficult away games. Rotherham and Fulham, both at home, next.

Norwich are away to Watford then away to Blackburn and then at home to Ipswich. It could be all change after the next three games.

Reality check- we are where we are. Look at today's full-backs- theirs have over 50 international caps between them- ours don't even have 50 Championship games between them. Sometimes you come up against stronger teams and sometimes they'll beat you. We're still work in progress and arguably overachieving so far, but finding ourselves where we are bearing in mind our squad is still a huge positive- if the experience isn't there, something is. I'd like to see us use the loan market (and before everyone else has nabbed the decent ones) but we're doing well.

To quote the famous poet D L Roth- 'we may have lost our way but we're way ahead of schedule'

I am not quite sure what Wolves fans are expecting from this club anymore. Let's be honest We have to accept we are an average championship club punching above our weight in terms of league position. Whilst we have an owner, CEO and manager like these we are going nowhere, So I am quite happy that we are keeping clear of the relegation zone. That's just the way I see it at the moment and I am learning to accept it because I can't see it changing for the next couple of seasons anyway. However, I do find it hard to take that the club down the road have a lot more ambition and know-how.

To quote the same Poet Jon...
    Might as well JUMP!

What a contrast today from the Wolves side that was on show on Tuesday evening against Huddersfield. Wolves made Norwich look like world beaters and fully deserved the three points. John Ruddy won't have an easy game in the Norwich goal than the one i faced today from Wolves.

I'm being generous when i say that i can recall three Wolves chances in the game, Sako effort in the first half that Ruddy gathered with ease and two half chances for Afobe, one where is tame effort was dealt with by Ruddy and clean through on goal a poor touch made it easy for the Norwich keeper.

In the Huddersfield game Wolves enjoyed plenty of freedom in the middle of the park, but in this one Wolves were closed down all the time by Norwich, with only Jack Price trying to make things happen. I'm scrapping the barrel here when i say one of our best moves came in the second half with Iorfa making a good run down the right and only the cross let him down. This was our only attacking threat down the right as VLP

Thanks for the report Gav as I heard today and you've confirmed this evening, things are far from well. Next two games will be interesting hope to see you in South Wales in a couple of weeks time.
    Be Lucky Kidda.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)