+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things starting to look up?

Things starting to look up?

Looking like our 3rd win in a week,have we finally turned the corner?

re: Things starting to look up?

Interesting question - as I would expect.
    Yeovil should have been hammered; Fleetwood were much better and just as physical (unless it's a new rule that grabbing someone round the neck is OK!). However, we have yet to come up against a side as well-drilled and talented at MK Dons for a couple of weeks.

My view is that we are much improved all over the place. Haber's confidence must by sky high, and the back header from Tate to Garratt showed just how much the team trust our young goalkeeper.
    Turton and Jones are full Div 1 players - even better, I suggest and at times, than our loanees Ness and Leigh, and that's no disrespect to either.
    The big difference is up front where Ajose and Haber are brothers, mentally 'joined at the hip'.

Biggest credit? Steve Davis and Neil Baker without a doubt. Proper football, played the proper way at a proper club.

To quote a guy to whom we owe an awful lot: "I think we'll go with what we've got." :-D

[quote="AlexLeicester"]Interesting question - as I would expect.
    Yeovil should have been hammered; Fleetwood were much better and just as physical (unless it's a new rule that grabbing someone round the neck is OK!). However, we have yet to come up against a side as well-drilled and talented at MK Dons for a couple of weeks.

My view is that we are much improved all over the place. Haber's confidence must by sky high, and the back header from Tate to Garratt showed just how much the team trust our young goalkeeper.
    Turton and Jones are full Div 1 players - even better, I suggest and at times, than our loanees Ness and Leigh, and that's no disrespect to either.
    The big difference is up front where Ajose and Haber are brothers, mentally 'joined at the hip'.

Biggest credit? Steve Davis and Neil Baker without a doubt. Proper football, played the proper way at a proper club.

To quote a guy to whom we owe an awful lot: "I think we'll go with what we've got." :-

Quote Originally Posted by fevver_tox
    Looking like our 3rd win in a week,have we finally turned the corner?
    Win all six this month, Trev and SD will be manager for the month...not that we want that with the omens it can bring!

Sounds like "turning" the corner is more apt.

A great win today but also a little realism needed we've a tough month ahead now with games against Doncaster, Preston, Bristol City away and Swindon to face, so lets get 50 points before we look up.

Astounded at suggestions that Leigh should be replaced..when are people going to cotton on that Tootle was one of the reasons why we were struggling defensively, he lets too many crosses into the box , check the goals against column since he was left out!

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    A great win today but also a little realism needed we've a tough month ahead now with games against Doncaster, Preston, Bristol City away and Swindon to face, so lets get 50 points before we look up.

Astounded at suggestions that Leigh should be replaced..when are people going to cotton on that Tootle was one of the reasons why we were struggling defensively, he lets too many crosses into the box , check the goals against column since he was left out!
    My opinion, that is all. I thought he was really given the run around today and a better team would really have exploited that weakness.

I was only giving Tootle as an example. Maybe Guthrie could play there instead, I don't know. However, it is unfair of you to put all the blame on last season's player of the year. The defence was shaky for a number of reasons. That defence did not have the calming influence of Tate. The midfield is now better, with Ness coming into his o

Tate was in the team for 5 games before Tootle was out of the team, for me Leigh has been a great signing and is a perfect wing back in terms of he can get up and down the field.

Guthrie is not a wing back not slick enough in possession.

Matt Tootle has been a good player, but not quite the player he promised perhaps due to a brittle attitude at times, and as he has chose pastures new for next season, I can see no logic in bringing him back in to the team .

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Tate was in the team for 5 games before Tootle was out of the team, for me Leigh has been a great signing and is a perfect wing back in terms of he can get up and down the field.

Guthrie is not a wing back not slick enough in possession.

Matt Tootle has been a good player, but not quite the player he promised perhaps due to a brittle attitude at times, and as he has chose pastures new for next season, I can see no logic in bringing him back in to the team .
    That is fine...you are entitled to your opinion, although I am not so sure that Tootle has said anything about his intentions for the next season.

You're right there ... not publicly !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast