+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: do we need...

do we need...

do we need a bit of realism...

yes, we have new owners, owners that are looking as though they are going to invest, much needed investment I guess we all agree, but although we still aren't getting the results we'd like to see I do think we should step back and look at things realistically...

It's not that long ago that we were competing against the likes of Tranmere, Hartlepool etc...

we've come a long way...in not too long a time, last season we just managed to keep our place in this league, and look at how we have, to a degree, consolidated in this division.

we've had results this season beyond many of our expectations, yes, we're not hitting the heights at home, and of course Hillsboro should be the place where the opposition fear playing, where our fans should look forward to us playing, but, for whatever reason we're still not doing what we ought to be doing.

but, again I say...let's be realistic.

I should hate to see the new owners replace Mr Gray, we surely don't want the

re: do we need...

bang on ray, unfortunatly its needed more on other forums(owlstalk) where of course they want success straight away.
    football isn't like computer games and players are actually humans who react to things like playing conditions, tactics and confidence.
    it all takes time and patience and it won't happen straight away and the porkers will tell you that money doesn't guarantee anything.
    the takeover was just the beginning of the long rollercoaster ride to hopefully better times.
    anyone who wants instant success should follow another team because after years of following THE WEDNESDAY i can guarantee it wont be straight forward, its just not THE WEDNESDAY way

Owlstalk is on par with bladesmad for fickle supporters who call for the managers head one week, then praise him the next.

We are where we expect to be and SG has done a fantastic job up to now. He's had to work with limited funds and budget throughout his time here and it will take time to adjust.

A good performance and a win will make things all good again; although I'm not expecting that to happen this Saturday. We bombarded Brighton in the last 20 minutes but just couldn't get the goal to win it, had we done so then I don't think we would have seen a total over reaction from some supporters.

As mentioned, patience is key and there is a lot of work to do behind the scenes before we can compete with the top six.

Avoid a relegation scrap and finish around where we are now and I'll be happy with this season.

Can't really add owt to that lot...Three great posts.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)