+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F.A.O. Zippy

F.A.O. Zippy

Looking at the Villa match and the caretaker manager Scott Marshall.Is that the same Scott Marshall we had on loan a few years ago from Blackburn i think???

re: F.A.O. Zippy

Hiya pal, yes it's the same one we had.
    We got him on loan from Arsenal back in December 1993.
    Neil Richardson was injured for a while and we had 2 loanees to partner Tony Brien at centre half.
    Firstly Neil Whitworth who we got from Man United and then Scott Marshall.
    Marshall played 10 games for us scoring just once on his home debut, a Friday night game the week before Christmas v Wrexham when him and Brien both scored in a 2-1 win.
    Here's a then and now photo of him if it comes up right.

Just thinking back to that Wrexham game, all the players came back into the Millmoor Hotel after the match for a bit of a Christmas buffet run by the Supporters Club which me and my ex were an active part of in those days.
    I remember we had a goalkeeper on loan at the same time as Marshall from Millwall, an huge guy called David Wietecha, and standing next to him at the upstairs bar he was a real man mountain.
    He played well for the reserves but never got off the bench for the first team.
    Billy Mercer also had a long term injury, but young Matt Clarke came in for his debut and kept the shirt so Wietecha never got a chance.

Thanks for that,i sort of knew it was him.UTM