+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chesterfield Match

Chesterfield Match

After the excitement of Saturday's comeback against Swindon I think Iron fans are looking forward to this one.

Osbourne will probably not be risked just yet so I don't expect any changes. Now is the time to turn games in hand into points on the board. Chesterfield are a weaker outfit than the last time we played them but still a half decent team. Hopefully we will show the forward thinking drive of the last thirty minutes on Saturday for the whole game tonight.

I'm going for a 2-1 win with goals from Van Veen and Hopper.

re: Chesterfield Match

Listenig to Paul Cook on their local radio it sounds like Chesterfield are really going all out for the three points tonight.

It also appears they will revert to their usual 4-2-3-1 after not having the best of time with 4-4-2 lately. This should mean another ferocious midfield battle with little time on the ball for anyone. I just hope the crowd don't get on the players backs when we try to play a bit of football in tight areas as that just encourages them to take the easy option and bang it forward hopefully.

Here's to three points and a giant leap up that table.

Good solid display with plenty of excellent performances and well worth the win.

Special mentions to Madden, Bishop (yet again), O'Neil ( great control and passing and loved the keepy uppy at the end to rub their noses in it), Williams( super energy to get up and down) , Canavan ( keep this attacking threat going and I'll forgive you the odd slip defending,well done), and Clarke (easily his best performance so far from him and another showing great desire to get forward at every opportunity).

so what we are saying is a great performances from the squad.
    and a decent bench as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)