+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple of points from last night

re: Couple of points from last night

Appreciate people's views but I just think he's poor, especially for a player who's been at Man United, Tottenham and Palace.

Fair enough he has a bit of pace but for me that's about it, he wasn't tight enough to Tom Ince for his second goal and his distribution most of the time is shocking. Obviously I hope he improves but wouldn't be fussed if his loan wasn't extended.

The only problem is that we don't have a left back on RUFC's books now... are we looking for another emergency loan?

It was a re run of what weve seen in the past..one player sets of running, doesnt get tackled, keeps running, doesnt get tackled, still keeps running, doesnt get tackled, crosses the ball, goal ! Sickening after such hard work, and a great display..weve got our striker now..just need a defence...

Quote Originally Posted by C_Millers
    Appreciate people's views but I just think he's poor, especially for a player who's been at Man United, Tottenham and Palace.

Fair enough he has a bit of pace but for me that's about it, he wasn't tight enough to Tom Ince for his second goal and his distribution most of the time is shocking. Obviously I hope he improves but wouldn't be fussed if his loan wasn't extended.
    to be fair, the lad didnt put a foot wrong in the ipswich game and was my choice as MOTM.
    ince is on fire and he is better than the championship. im guessing he lost a little focus when he left blackpool so now he is back on the top of his game hull fans will be pulling there hair out..
    i can see derby going up and ince signing in the summer..
    I was talking to a derby fan last night and he was saying rumors on there fans forum. derby are paying £18k per week towards inces wage..
    I know, rumors are sometimes exaggerated but fans forums are often close to the mar

Regarding Ince he was given to much room, on another topic before the match, I mentioned that he ought to be man marked, we kept shouting to Fryers to get tighter on him.
    Where has McClaren did a treble substitution which with bringing on Lingard in the subs made a huge difference, he ran the game for the Rams after that.

But what a game, a credit to the championship. !

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR__9
    Clearly he's not a £5m player.

But he's athletic and quick and tall for a full-back and these are things that are hard to coach into a player.
    Sorry, I'd love to see someone successfully coach "tall" into a player. What would the training be? Standing in compost?

Just tickled me is all. As you were.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12