+ Visit Norwich City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £40 for Derby away fans!

£40 for Derby away fans!

Just wondered what your lads views are on this?
    You might not be bothered at all, away fans who cares?
    You might think that if there was to be an away fan boycott then that would help your team and be disconcerting for the opposition?

But maybe acceptance of this as a policy will lead to higher home prices. We aren't even rivals as such - if it's £40 against Derby what will the prices be when you next play Ipswich?

Norwich are well supported, only second to Derby in average attendances this season, but this shouldn't mean fans having to be financially punished for their loyalty.

What do people think about this? (ps thanks for Chris Martin )

re: £40 for Derby away fans!

Good evening Fletch.

Alot being made of this at the moment and I agree its too high...HOWEVER, we sell out nearly every match meaning tickets are at an all time high as far as being wanted so if the club tries to make as much money as possible they will. If Derby fans decide not to buy them, the away section will be reduced for the game (as has happened before) and more home supporters get the chance to go to the match so the club dont care...FACT.

Our U21s played Man City last night and it was free entry so it looks to me like they are able to do this by keeping the other tickets high...Not morally correct but its a business nowadays not a sport...FACT.

Ipsh1t fans are slating us for it but when we played there earlier in the season we had to pay between £37 and £43 for a ticket...FACT.

Tickets in general are too high at most grounds IMO although that doesnt make it right. I certainly cant afford to go to every match with my lad what with fuel and all the other stuff that goes wit

Fletch, look mate its worth £35 just to drive into Norfolk, you're getting a bargain.

Chris Martin, you got a very good player, always a lot of s**t going on with him while at Norwich, not always true.

£40 to high ;-D

Most home supporters don't give a s**t about away fans.
    But in the long run it affects all football supporters who attend regularly.
    Norwich fans will have the same happen to them (if they already haven't)
    All supporters should stand together on a maximum ticket price!
    Ticket tiering in my view is wrong, why should Derby fans pay significantly more than say Charlton fans?
    The away experience can be terrible as we all know, I paid £36 to visit Elland Road this season for a view that was awful!
    Anyway as I said ticket prices affect all. So let's all stick together on this one.

Tickets are also £40 for home fans.

Ticket prices are not a Norwich thing, they're too high everywhere & whilst clubs are directly competing against one another on the pitch, they need to create as much revenue as possible.

At Norwich its a simple case of Supply & Demand, demand outweighs supply (ground is too small) so prices are high. If Derby don't want the tickets, home fans will and the crowd will be 95% home fans and the club gets the money so won't give a damn about a boycott.

just a thought on this how do you feel if derby charged norwich city fans £40 at derby ?

i went to derby and it was £28 however it was on sky at midday the saturday before christmas, how much did derby charge forest fans ?

£28 is not £40 as for the red dogs it was £32 and it was the same for us at the s***** ground

i know it's the principle and all that but it's just supply and demand as someone else said on this thread... i do sympathise but if you lot don't buy them we will just reduce the away end and our lot will.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)