+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley

Barnsley

I'll be heading off to Oakwell on Saturday to see if the Alex can get back to winning ways. Trip down memory lane...my first visit was back in 1999. Does anyone have a match report/paper clippings or can point me in the right direction to get this information. I remember it was a 2-2 draw and Rodney Jack scored one of his belters! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

re: Barnsley

Sorry can't help with a match report, but didn't we win 2-0 on the last day of that season to stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by PopSide75
    I'll be heading off to Oakwell on Saturday to see if the Alex can get back to winning ways. Trip down memory lane...my first visit was back in 1999. Does anyone have a match report/paper clippings or can point me in the right direction to get this information. I remember it was a 2-2 draw and Rodney Jack scored one of his belters! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Try the library, not sure what year they are up to but they have the Crewe Chronicle and Guardian on microfiche

I'm not sure about links either. Seem to remember we led 2-0 through two (?) Rodney Jack goals and then it rained and we got very wet as the away end was uncovered due to building of the new stand: a bit like Norwich away around about the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldHattrick
    Sorry can't help with a match report, but didn't we win 2-0 on the last day of that season to stay up?
    Think there might be a bit of confusion of dates/seasons

the 2-2 draw against Barnsley was on the 6th Feb 1999 in the 98/99 season, the last day 0-2 win was on the 7th May 2000 in the 99/2000 season.

Hope that helps. :-)