+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Rachubka

Paul Rachubka

Goalkeeper Paul Rachubka has signed a permanent contract with Crewe Alexandra until the end of the current 2014/15 season. Wondering if Lee Johnson played a part in this move.

re: Paul Rachubka

Means we do not have to use a loanee space for the bench any more of course, so wonder if it's a sign SD's going to bring in a loan striker in place of Uche, especially with LDV now an injury doubt.

Scored a goal today,how I don`t know

No disrespect to the bloke, but I hope Ben isn't too badly injured.

You win some, you lose some. He's beaten by Nicky's lob when we play the Latics, and then he fists into his own net for us.

I feel rather sorry for Etheridge, a victim of loanee tactics. He'd been warming the bench, then just when he could get on, a latecomer keeper, and a dodgy one, gets the drop on him.

This may be a smart move by Steve, but at the moment it inspires no confidence at all.

You can't judge him on 25 mins.
    But what worries me is that Oldham released him because they had Blackburn loanee, Jake Kean, ahead of him ... ... a keeper who spent a month at Yeovil earlier this season and failed to impress!
    Doesn't say much for our latest custodian!

But as I've just read that Ben is out for the season, we need to back this guy in our fight to survive!
    I think I'd rather have his experience over Etheridge's promise!

Doesn't say much for his experience when his first contribution was to score the opposition's 2nd goal. Ben had no experience when he came into the side and we are now worried because we have lost him for the season. And, of course, he may move on n the summer.

I am hopeful - no more, as I haven't seen the guy - that the mistake at Barnsley will have a positive effect.
    Good way to get rid of any over-confidence and concentrate the mind. It's a high pressure, lonely position back there, so he will have to prove to himself that he is good enough. I just hope that is incentive enough.

Don' be too heavy on the bloke, the defence in front of him have got to step it up.

Howson Is Now: The Life & Times of Paul Rachubka

Put this into youtube and just watch. Going off that, what he did at Barnsley, Oldham and how the Oldham fans describe him. It looks like he isn't a good signing. We will have to wait and see. Tough test against swindon.

Obviously the ending is truly sick but thats not the point. Its the mistakes infront of goal