+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens 1-2 Hearts

Queens 1-2 Hearts

Thought we were unlucky today. Hearts only created 2 or 3 chances and scored TWICE. Having said that we didn't create too many clear cut openings ourself but on the balance of play it looked like two fairly evenly matched teams. We were worthy of a draw but Hearts took their chances when they came.

tied on 39 points with Falkirk now. 3 points at Dumbarton now very important. Onwards and upwards.

re: Queens 1-2 Hearts

I thought Queens played really well 1st half and could have been leading at half time. But what happened 2nd half, we were giving possession away too cheaply.Didn't really create any chances 2nd half and the Hearts defence were comfortable.Our defence played well, but the mid-field lacked creativity, not enough width today. Poor Del was too lonesome up front but gave 100% as usual.We were missing two of our best players and it showed. There were 3 not fully fit players in the starting line up and it showed 2nd half. Why were the subs not on earlier? When we were badly in need of fresh legs.Hearts were there for the taking today but a brave performance from Queens wasn't quite enough.

We were extremely unlucky not to get a draw today . Queens played some great football in the 1st half . Hearts had more of the ball during the 2nd without really testing Zander .
    Total fluke of a goal for the winner which went in off the unfortute Higgins .

How good would it of been seeing Zander's header from the corner going in at the end

A sickener that, no other words for it . Hearts are undoubtedly a good side but I felt there was a clear foul on the Queens defender as the ball was played into the box for the first goal . He was just barged out the way as he was going to clear. Second was jammy but we have to lick our wounds now and get on with it . A huge couple of weeks coming up with a place at Hampden at stake . I realise I didn't need to be a genius to say we would miss Reilly but that we did. Agonising watching Paton running clean through when he didn't have the legs to finish it off . Here's a very good report from the Scotsman. - view external link

"I thought Queens played really well 1st half and could have been leading at half time. But what happened 2nd half, we were giving possession away too cheaply.Didn't really create any chances 2nd half and the Hearts defence were comfortable.Our defence played well, but the mid-field lacked creativity, not enough width today. Poor Del was too lonesome up front but gave 100% as usual.We were missing two of our best players and it showed. There were 3 not fully fit players in the starting line up and it showed 2nd half. Why were the subs not on earlier? When we were badly in need of fresh legs.Hearts were there for the taking today but a brave performance from Queens wasn't quite enough."

Couldn't have summed it up any better myself.Hearts were nowhere near as good as they were in the previous Palmerston game,sadly neither were we on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty3
    I thought Queens played really well 1st half and could have been leading at half time. But what happened 2nd half, we were giving possession away too cheaply.Didn't really create any chances 2nd half and the Hearts defence were comfortable.Our defence played well, but the mid-field lacked creativity, not enough width today. Poor Del was too lonesome up front but gave 100% as usual.We were missing two of our best players and it showed. There were 3 not fully fit players in the starting line up and it showed 2nd half. Why were the subs not on earlier? When we were badly in need of fresh legs.Hearts were there for the taking today but a brave performance from Queens wasn't quite enough.
    Agee about the sub's comment . Said to Qos1919 that we were offering not much going forward and could do with fresh legs coming on. Well, they were brought on but too late to make much impact.

Here's the goals . Notice the push on defender for first goal then. - view external link

What a brilliant build up for our goal,just shows what fine football we can play.
    Never noticed the push at the near post at the time for their first,but there was a definite nudge.Now I see why the players were angry with the ref,as I thought they were still moaning about the "non foul" by Higgins leading up to it.Still poor defending though.
    Their winner was a sickener with the deflection off of Higgy.Hard to tell if the ball was going to go wide or Zander may have got to it,but hey ho,onwards to Dumbarton and hopefully back on track with three points to bring back doonhame.

Was incensed at their first goal . A very ' clever' body check on our defender as the ball was played into our box. No attempt to play ball and our boy was certain to clear the ball.

The first goal was infuriating as it was a good challenge by Higgins at the touch line that gave hearts possession in the build up. It was immediately in front of me and the linesman was four feet away and never gave it. Poor refereeing decision cost us that goal as the queens defence didn't seem prepared for that as holt was left two on one on the touch line. Fair play to hearts for quickly capitalising on that. Another blunder was go is being yellow carded for a foul on Danny when he was breaking free and five minutes later he appeared to do the same to Higgins but nothing said on that occasion.

The second goal was a bit of a fluke but if anyone was going to score a winner it was hearts with queens offering very little going forward in the proceeding 25 minutes as burns miller, Paton and lyle started to run out of gas.

Great effort given with miller, Kidd and for the first half, Danny, being the best on show for us although I thought Danny didn't show much in the second half with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)