+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On This Day

re: On This Day

You might like this Cresswell. The second game you talk about that Hearts won 2-1 at Tynecastle has a crowd listed as 30,500 and the last one at Palmerston in 1954 that we also lost 2-1 has a crowd recorded of 23,000. - view external link

re: On This Day

You will appreciate, JRS, that I was only a young ****ager when these games were played. While I can boast proudly that I was at Palmerston when the record attendance was set I would have to admit that I did not see all that much of the game. What chance did a boy have when Palmerston was bursting at the seams? We ( ie boys) used to be allowed to sit on the track around the pitch for most games but we were not allowed to do so that day. I honestly can't remember if these games were all-ticket or if I got in with my season ticket (which cost fif**** shillings or 75p) or if I had to pay all of nine pence (4p). However, I do recall how steep the terracing was, or seemed to be, at Tynecastle. Palmerston has changed considerably since then but is still recognisable as the ground it was whereas Tynecastle has changed beyond recognition. It really is quite sad to recollect that in those days Queens would have more attending a reserve team match than we can now attract to most Championship ga

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)