+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Quarter final

re: The Quarter final

Would of been great to see the game advertised on the front page of today's Standard instead of this Status Quo concert again .

Where's their priorities ?

Quote Originally Posted by 84yards
    Would of been great to see the game advertised on the front page of today's Standard instead of this Status Quo concert again .

Where's their priorities ?

Jeezo 84yards give us a break.
    Do you never get tired of picking faults?
    Ok things maybe aren't perfect but they're a lot better than they used to be and they're a lot better than at the majority of Scottish clubs.

You'd have to be living under a rock in D&G to not know about the quarter final.

Your challenge for the next week is to post something positive every day.

The same can be said about the Quo concert though ...!!!!

Without wanting to sound too negative , don't you think our biggest game of the season needs more publicity ??

Not long now folks . Now the Dumbarton game is out the way we can all concentrate on the big game this Friday .
    Millar is cup tied so Burns will replace him & here's hoping Reilly recovers in time especially with Del Lyle being suspended .
    I know I've moaned a little about the lack of publicity but I'm hoping the Dumfriesshire public come out in numbers for this one . This game is huge for Queens

The next home game on the big notice board in Lochfield Road says 14th March v Raith Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    The next home game on the big notice board in Lochfield Road says 14th March v Raith Rovers
    Can't say I'm even slightly surprised . Whoever's in charge of the advertising side of things needs to get things sorted out . That's unacceptable IMO

On Friday night we have a real opportunity to make the semi-final of the Scottish Cup for only the third time ever. In 1950 we lost 3-0 to Rangers in a replay after losing a last minute goal in the first game: and we beat Aberdeen 4-3 in 2008 in what was an absolutely thrilling game. It will be interesting to see how many turn out on Friday night with the game being televised. Quite frankly, I think it is a piece of nonsense to be playing a quarter-final tie on a Friday night but, sadly, he who pays the piper calls the tune and television is now paying the piper so football (and particularly Scottish football) has to dance to television's tune.
    I still find it hard to understand how Derek Lyle could have been so stupid as to get himself sent-off on Saturday in such circumstances. When will he ever again get such an opportunity to play at Hampden in a Scottish Cup semi-final? I thought Falkirk played well on Friday night against Rangers: and even though they will be without Kerr and

Good post Cresswell. I can't get my head round it that an experienced player like Lyle could get involved in something like that. He is very unlikely to be involved in such a game again at his age and that makes it even more baffling . Nevertheless, I am very much looking forward to the game as much as you are . Let's do it and create a hat trick of history ! PS celebration drink on me old yin.

84 yards the positivity that you exuded momentarily has disappeared faster than March snaw on a wa'.

Saturday's result was extremely disappointing for everyone but the fact that you have discovered that Friday's quarter final has been omitted from the notice board on Lochfield Road is nothing more than an omission and should not mean that 'whoever is in charge' is suddenly incompetent!

I'm sure a polite request to the club to have that rectified will result in the quarter final being advertised.

You are correct however in suggesting that the Quarter Final is of the utmost importance and perhaps you might like to call into the club and ask for a supply of posters to display at various locations you deem important? Perhaps adjacent to the Status Quo posters?

Finally, to quash your Quo ire, may I offer a reason for the what appears to be concert overload? The Quo concert is a huge risk to QOS, - so they must at least break even or the event will be a disaster. However, more impor

The Queens Trust match poster >>>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)