+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quarter final

The Quarter final

Ticket information below

Falkirk Cup Tie Arrangements for Season Ticket Holders - Change of Plan

Following dialogue with a number of season ticket holders at the weekend regarding the possibility of purchasing their own seats for the upcoming Falkirk cup match we have made the following amendment to the sales plan for this game on a one match trial basis.
    On Thursday and Friday of this week (26th and 27th February), it will be possible for season ticket holders to come in to Palmerston between 11am and 2pm each day and buy only their own seats for the Falkirk match.
    Online orders will still be taken for tickets from Wednesday until next Tuesday and will still be posted out at a charge of £6.50 per order. If you are a season ticket holder and wish to make an online order for your seat please do so before 1pm on Friday and include your seat number details in the narrative box and it will be dealt with before the General Sale. Online orders from non-season ticket holders will not b

re: The Quarter final

This game deserves the full pre match build up . Hopefully we will be at full strength or near enough although Millar cup tied . Clark, of course, could now play if selected and we have keen competition for the number one spot with two very able keepers. Ideally , ( for us) Falkirk could be weakened slightly with their two regular starters Kerr and Baird cup tied . My heart bleeds ! Its just going to be a hell of a night with the carrot of a Hampden semi at stake and I want Queens to go STRAIGHT for the jugular . My prediction - Qos to win under the Palmerston floodlights on a famous night for our wonderful , wee club.

This is a MASSIVE game for Queen of the South FC . Not only is there a semi-final place up for grabs at Hampden but the financial rewards are huge .

I know we've a game against Dumbarton this weekend first but I honestly can't wait for this game .

As JRS says this deserves the full match build up and maximum exposure by the club .
    We've somehow got to encourage people to Palmerston instead of sitting at home watching it on TV .

Quote Originally Posted by 84yards
    This is a MASSIVE game for Queen of the South FC . Not only is there a semi-final place up for grabs at Hampden but the financial rewards are huge .

I know we've a game against Dumbarton this weekend first but I honestly can't wait for this game .

As JRS says this deserves the full match build up and maximum exposure by the club .
    We've somehow got to encourage people to Palmerston instead of sitting at home watching it on TV .

Have to Agree, need to get this game as much Press,radio etc get it talked up.progress to the next round and the financial bonus of getting through this will be a big help on finances for next seasons squad.

Not sure if it's possible but what about a newsletter sent to all local schools adverting this game .

May be worth a shot ..!!!!

It's obviously massive for both clubs but I'm only interested in Queens .

The winner of this tie will easily make a six figure sum what with the semi final also being shown on TV , ticket sales etc ...

Let's just hope we don't pick up any injuries at the weekend & fingers crossed young Gav will be fit for it

84 yards, not a problem to achieve as all schools have emails nowadays.

A newsletter is not necessary, but something punchy like "all children just £1.00 if accompanied by a paying adult" (maximum 2 children (under 16) per paying adult)

Come along and experience the Scottish Cup Quarter Final live on TV, - then watch the recorded match the next day to see if you're on TV!

jardi the prob with the schools is as i know with my own daughter last year when she was at locharbriggs primery is big jt was there quite often handing out vouchers most off the kids wanted to go but the prob came with the paying adult as there parents wouldnt go so everytime jt gave out vouchers i ended up taking my daughter and 3 of her pals ,but it lies with the parent part ,the parents just dont wanna go and paye the money .

Some decent money to be made with a good Scottish Cup run especially for the smaller clubs

Here's the figures from last year

Prize won per round is:

3rd £6k, 4th £8k, 5th £10k, QF £12k, SF £15k, F £60k

Loser gets £30k in the final

Francis_Begbie, I completely concur with what you are saying, but it is worth a try.

The fact that we are just 90 minutes away from a Hampden appearance is a marketing dream, so there's a huge difference between this QF match than a run-of-the-mill league game against Cowdenbeath, with all due respect to the team from Methil.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)