+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheyi Ojo

Sheyi Ojo

Hi, reds fans in peace here. Just thought I'd ask what your early thoughts on young Sheyi were?

He's a big lad for 17 isn't he?

re: Sheyi Ojo

Red C
    He certainly is a big lad for 17, i've only seen him playing once , against Charlton last Friday. From a very p@ss poor team performance Ojo was the only standout player, he was excellent in the first half , full of running , taking on defenders at will & in space for a pass. Second half however he looked a bit jaded & tired although the pitch was a mess which didn't help him. Think he will become even better as he gains more match day experience & will go onto better thingsif he stays focused / injury free.

Cheers for that Jock. We have high hopes for Sheyi at Liverpool. I personally think he is a bit big for a wide player and will eventually move into the middle as a AMC or perhaps even a striker in the future.

Hope he continues to impress from now until the end of the season for you. Who knows, he may even help keep you up. Good luck anyway mate.

He's 5'7 and a half, hes tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by LaticsFan92
    Stop looking at his wiki page it needs updating.

He's 5'11"

Quote Originally Posted by Redcustard
    Stop looking at his wiki page it needs updating.

He's 5'11"[/quote]

Sadly Red C tonight against the mighty Cardiff (who hadn't won away for 9 games) he went missing , albeit played on the left wing instead of the right, rather isolated & sort of lost. Still i do think as you say he will due to his height / size eventually moved into midfield. Still streets ahead of anything we have in the team tho.

I think you lot are in big trouble mate. Such a fall in a short space of time, from beating us at Anfield and lifting the FA Cup, to 2nd from bottom in the Champioship. Whats gone wrong?

As for Sheyi, I think this experience will be good for him and toughen him up. We did it with Ibe at Birmingham last season as well and it seemed to do him the world of good. Hopefully the young lad can have more influence on your games for you from here on in. Although it doesn't sound like it'll be easy.

Impact player off the subs bench for me at the moment needs to build up some muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Les_bradds_lad
    Impact player off the subs bench for me at the moment needs to build up some muscle
    Sorry to disagree Les... this guy was immense against Charlton on the Right wing but saddly tired after 75/80mins , but against Cardiff on the left wing he wasn't in the game as much. Think he just needs t be played in the right position & gain a bit more stamina...think he will be a big hit for some team at some point in the very near future

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)