+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jose Fonte

Jose Fonte

Fonte signed for Southampton on 9 January 2010 for a fee believed to be around the region of £1.2 million, signing a three-and-a-half-year contract. He made his debut one week later in a 1–1 draw at Millwall. His first goal for the Saints came on 28 August 2010, in a 4–0 away win against Bristol Rovers.

Fonte wasd in the League One Team of the Year for the 2010–11 season. He was also voted Southampton's Player of Year, achieving 64% of the overall vote.

On 29 December 2011, Fonte signed a new contract keeping him at the club until 2015. Southampton were top of the table when he signed, with the player having appeared in every league game, and he eventually contributed with 42 matches and one goal (against Coventry City in the final matchday) as the side achieved a second consecutive promotion.

Fonte made his debut in the Premier League on 19 August 2012. He netted his first Premier League goal(s) in a 2–2 home draw against Fulham on 7 October, the second arriving in the last mi

re: Jose Fonte

Josed in the L1 team of the year. - view external link

Scoring in the final game before promotion to the PL. - view external link

His first Prem goal (I think) - view external link

Jose 2013 - 2014 - view external link

Delight at first Portugal call-up - view external link

All these posts might be good for upping your count, but a real pain for the rest of us if the links are incorrect.

Five years at Saints (and counting) - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    All these posts might be good for upping your count, but a real pain for the rest of us if the links are incorrect.
    For some reason the links don't go directly in so need editing. All should now be fixed.

As for the rest of your post. Frankly I don't give a toss! It's something that has been on here for years as is appreciated by others. If you don't like it, don't read it.

This is supposed to be a part of the forum for tributes not hi-jacked for another petty dig at me.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    As for the rest of your post. Frankly I don't give a toss! It's something that has been on here for years as is appreciated by others. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    I tried to read it, but every single post having a link which wouldn't resolve made that a little tricky.

As for the rest of your post, no need to be so defensive, or indeed so narky.